Bugs that will never be fixed

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by luke, Jul 23, 2009.

1. luke

luke MDL Senior Member

Jun 22, 2007
  2. Lenmaer

Lenmaer MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2009
  3. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    no 32-bit versions of explorer running in my taskmgr when I run that. My button doesn't flicker like that either.

4. Lenmaer

Lenmaer MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2009
    You don't have any simply because they didn't fixed it and never will, they simply replaced it with explorer 64, according to M$ technet blogs.

5. Sporkman

Sporkman MDL Member

Jul 13, 2009
    and who cares about a flickering button lol

6. abkrino

abkrino MDL Novice

Sep 23, 2007
    because it was replaced with a x64 version... but the 32 bit one is there for compatibility reasons... for instance when a x86 exe tries to open explorer.exe to do something with it... or even from windows api

7. Lenmaer

Lenmaer MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2009
    Some 32 bit softwares don't have an 64 compatibility, these softs sometimes adds an extension in the 32 Bit control panel, and you won't access these extension in a 64 Bit control panel (they don't appear).
    Also launching an 32 Bit explorer enables you to have thumbs from files like mkv, mp4, ogm, etc, which explorer 64 don't make.
    They must be also other advantages having an 32 Bit explorer, but I only listed the one I'm using.

8. rasputinuk

rasputinuk MDL Member

May 21, 2007
    Here's a nice little bug that I have reported on every build since the start..
    in MyComputer look at the icon for CD/DVD rewriter now look at the bar and put in a rewritable disk in. no matter how full that disk is it always show empty even shows empty in the propertys box. unless you format the disk as a UDF...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. rasso

rasso MDL Member

May 24, 2009
    OMG, I hate Windows 7 now,I want Windows 8..lol

10. Lenmaer

Lenmaer MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2009
    Lol seems you haven't installed Vista when it came out in the stores, he wasn't better that time.

11. Plastic

Plastic MDL Novice

Jul 21, 2009
    I would say the close button is very lovely.

12. rasputinuk

rasputinuk MDL Member

May 21, 2007
    For all it's faults, Windows 7 is 20 times better than Vista and a little bit faster than XP least ways on my PC-DL Deluxe. One thing why don't M$ cater for multi cpu systems in the home editions??? another thing all those games that don't work on Vista most do under Windows 7. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. jackdor

jackdor MDL Member

Jun 20, 2009
    the biggest bug in pista is vista:)

14. reb0rn

reb0rn MDL Junior Member

Mar 11, 2008
    if the Vista is SO crap then whats so gr8 about win 7?
    so far i only noticed superfetch being a lot more reserved and new GUI and some bugs that Vista SP2 has not... so pls stop bushing Vista if you never run it for more then a month...

15. jackdor

jackdor MDL Member

Jun 20, 2009
    windows 7 is vista in disguise a bit like a transformer:D

and i would not bash vista the system does that for it's self

16. ezhik

ezhik MDL Junior Member

Oct 23, 2007
    The one annoying bug I'm getting is the explorer crash if 'Restore previous folder window at logon' is ticked in Folder Options. Since I'm using Dopus as the file manager though, it's less important now. It may be a 64bit issue, can't remember for sure.

17. Squall-Leonhart

Squall-Leonhart MDL Member

Jul 23, 2009
    I've run it on and off for other 6 months and its a piece of ash.

Windows 7 is far more optimised in its service and driver stacks.

18. Skylined

Skylined MDL Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Windows Vista Ultimate x64 worked great for me even with games from RTM straight to Windows 7 Beta. Just some issues with newest games.

I guess you gotta have the hardware... I've used it on a Dell Dimension 9200 (which is a lot of crap)...

I've noticed the Vista Home Basic that comes bundled with some HP notebooks are very unstable and perform very sluggish even with 2gb of memory.

Another note, with Vista do not install service packs...

Integrate them into an installation and do a clean install, trust me!