Build 10130 and explorer.exe error

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Taliseian, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Taliseian

Taliseian MDL Junior Member

Oct 13, 2013
    Morning,

I installed 10130 a bit ago but uninstalled it quickly because of several issues. I went ahead and re-installed it because a number of fixes have rolled out for the build and in prep for testing the new build that will hopefully be out soon.

However, I have several Updates that are stuck in limbo because every shut down or restart I get the explorer.exe error that I'm guessing stops those updates from processing.

Is there something that I need to do so that those updates will finish processing or should I download one of the leaked builds likes 10147 and just keep going. I'd like to stay on the Insider build path if it's possible.

Thanks in advance....

T

2. WildByDesign

WildByDesign MDL Addicted

Sep 8, 2013
    I would recommend that you stay on 10130 as well because the upgrade path should be supported for the next build which is hopefully coming within the next few days.

The updates should go through successfully despite that error message when restarting or shutting down. Although there were some updates on that build which reported that they needed a restart to complete update, yet they were still updated correctly. That was just a bug.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Taliseian

Taliseian MDL Junior Member

Oct 13, 2013
    #3 Taliseian, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    (OP)
    Ok....hadn't heard about that bug with Windows Update.

I'll just sit tight for now.

Thanks...

T