Build 2017

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by SAM-R, May 10, 2017.

1. SAM-R

SAM-R MDL Guru

Mar 21, 2015
    #1 SAM-R, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
  2. SAM-R

SAM-R MDL Guru

Mar 21, 2015
    Win 10 will be covered tomorrow during Keynote Day 2
    Expect them to talk about Project Neon during Keynote.

3. Iceman.

Iceman. MDL Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Does it start tomorrow at the same time?

4. SAM-R

SAM-R MDL Guru

Mar 21, 2015
    Looks like 8:30AM to 10:00AM with Terry Myerson
    Redmond Time

5. sevenacids

sevenacids MDL Addicted

Aug 17, 2012
    So... we eventually crossed the line - Windows is no longer the #1 at the event. It's all about the cloud now. I didn't have time to watch the keynote, but I heard it was pretty boring. I can't help but there is just no excitement anymore in IT. It's all about the cloud, machine learning, and big data these days - interesting from a scientifc standpoint, no question, but kind of lame from pretty much anything else. Don't we have better, more exciting concepts for the future, and for the people, than that? What has become of personal computing? Everyone is just obsessed with "data, data, data" (think of Ballmer shouting here) but no one really knows how to handle it properly, or use it wisely, see all the privacy issues on all sides, for example.

BUILD 2016 wasn't that great, I have a feeling that this year's one will be even worse. Microsoft is obviously all-in on the cloud now to survive the coming past-Windows era - which makes them more and more uninteresting to me. The time I sort of liked that company seems to be over. I don't see any of the spirit left from about twenty years ago (it's not only Microsofts fault, times have changed but instead of getting better things are becoming more and more weird).

6. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Windows is not the same company it was when Billy G ran it. Data Data Data today equals $ $ $ $ and M$ is looking for it's share of the personal Data cash cow.

We all know it takes advertising dollars to run the net....right?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...