Build 7057 and punkbuster

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Cornmeister, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Cornmeister

Cornmeister MDL Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Hi All,

I do play Call of Duty 5 a lot, but I'm not able to play it anymore after upgrading from 7048 to 7057.

Every time Í try to connect, I'm getting kicked, because of some unknown API's.

Someone got a sollution for it ?

2. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    evenbalance said they were not going to do anything about this until the RTM of Win7 or RC of Win7. There are a couple posts floating around on neowin, and someone blogged about it, google bf2 and windows 7 or COD 5 and windows 7, or unknown API windows 7 and you should find the posts. Some people have used a few hacks with the service and say it works others say it does not.

3. Cornmeister

Cornmeister MDL Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Tried these hacks,

didn't work :(

had to disable PB on my public server :/

4. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    I feel ya, I had to keep a Vista install on my box so I can run certain games. Sucks that Evenbalance isn't going to do anything but it is a beta OS which is not on the market yet so a lot of companies take the stance of not supporting an unfinished product.

5. PrEzi

PrEzi MDL Addicted

Aug 23, 2007
    Based on the economy and a cut-off the workforce I doesn't even surprise me... unfortunately...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...