Burnable Media doesnt show up in explorer Win 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by shark722, Apr 28, 2011.

1. shark722

shark722 MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2011
    Hello, I have a custom built system with Win 7 Ultimate 64 on it. Every time I put in a blank disc, of any kind, I dont get a response from AutoPlay and it doesnt show that it even in the drive whilst looking at the drive in explorer. I am able to open all other types of cds and dvds just fine, just not blank media. The drive in question is a SATA Lite-On 22x DVD Multidrive.

Thanks.

Asus M2N68-AM PLUS
    AMD Athlon 7850 Dual-Core 2.8
    2GB Ram
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64

2. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Maybe Autoplay is turned off? MS issued a patch to turn it off by default.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. shark722

shark722 MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2011
    I already went thru the autoplay options and set everything to 'ask everytime'. nothing comes up at all on the autoplay. I e-mailed ASUS last week on the matter, and so far all I have gotten back is the confirmation of them getting my e-mail. I cannot call MS as I do not own the copy of Win 7. I do however have this same version of Win7 on another PC with the same optical drive, and it has no issues, which leads me to think it may be fixable within the BIOS. I have tried reinstalling the drive, and even upgraded the firmware, and it didnt fix anything. Hopefully ASUS has something for me.