Bypass Windows 7 Extended Security Updates Eligibility

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by abbodi1406, Nov 17, 2019.

1. HangNail

HangNail MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2021
    Thanks for the reply.

You're probably right about that. Even though it says I am only receiving Security Updates (due to Win7), I am on the latest build and that build does include some product updates as well.

2. Runaway666

Runaway666 MDL Novice

Jan 12, 2020
    I had removed the ESU patcher via the prompt and installed it again via that as well. I did not mess with the .net bypass at all.
    Any msi I try fails with the same error code 2889 according to event log.

It may be a clue that the last updates I did in Nov failed, or rather after reboot it tried configuring and then rolled back and tried again. Update log shows success though. Something with the system is now screwed up. I cannot install msi, network drivers are acting up, cannot install new ones "failed to copy" them apparently. It seems either the update faulted or something internal has gone belly up. I don't have an installation disk anymore so I don't know how I would do a system check now.

3. kamyshoviy

kamyshoviy MDL Junior Member

Nov 30, 2014
    ESU suppressor - does not break the OC.
    ESU suppressor - does not repair the OC.
    The ESU suppressor cannot be removed after installing ESU updates. Accordingly, the "Installed v9 again, same"... how did you do that?.. no one knows.
    "I had removed the ESU patcher" - what the WU ESU Patcher is for - is written in detail in the first post of this topic (ESU suppressor - will work no matter how you install updates).

...In short, you have a broken OC (how did it happen? except for you, no one knows) - you need to repair (or reinstall).

4. GFK1

GFK1 MDL Novice

Jan 22, 2021
    Hi guys, I got a problem, the password for the bypassEsu v11 is not valid (2020) i tried all links, same thing.

edit: nevermind i found the pb..old version of winrar

5. sfrsh

sfrsh MDL Novice

Mar 16, 2020
    KB4598279???

6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  7. alzcoew397

alzcoew397 MDL Senior Member

Oct 6, 2018
    how many people here, using 7 as their primary OS ??? :)

8. sfrsh

sfrsh MDL Novice

Mar 16, 2020
  9. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Define doesn't work:

- on what version did it fail?
    - ESU Bypass v11 is installed? If yes, what did you select when you installed it?
    - did you try to install it by WU?
    - did you try to install it manually by running the .MSU?
    - did previous rollups install?
    - did you already install the separate updates? If yes, which ones?
    - did you check the "Troubleshoot Q&A?
    - what is the error message and code?
    - did you install the latest SSU?
    - etcetc...

10. sergio briga

sergio briga MDL Novice

Apr 15, 2020
    #5211 sergio briga, Jan 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    same as above:
    Installation error. The following update could not be installed, error 0x80073701: 2021-01 Security Monthly Rollup for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB4598279)
    Handler FATAL: CBS called Error with 0x80073701
    windows Ultimate

11. ZeroSkilled

ZeroSkilled MDL Novice

Sep 7, 2020
    Erm I think I may have found an issue
    After installing BypassESU v11 using option 1, Microsoft office 2010 word refuses to work and after uninstalling and trying to reinstall with the Microsoft office 2010 using the x64 installer and error comes up and says "OSETUP.dll cannot be loaded. This may indicate the file is missing or damage"

I was able to replicate this in a virtual machine and also x86 versions of Microsoft office 2010 are unaffected by the way.

12. sfrsh

sfrsh MDL Novice

Mar 16, 2020
    KB4598279 ?

13. kamyshoviy

Nov 30, 2014
    To verify, 7_Ultimate_x64 was installed (+drivers+DirectX+MV C++), In the following sequence:
    - Recommended (Prerequisite) updates + BypassESU v11.
    - Monthly Rollup December 2020 (KB4592471).
    - Net 4.8 (KB4503548) from WU.
    - Monthly Rollup January 2021 (KB4598279) + .NET Framework 3.5.1 (KB4578952) and .NET Framework 4.8 (KB4597254) from WU (KB4598500).

Everything is installed and working. Maybe the reason for the error (0x80070490 or some other) is more traditional?.. Antivirus, service failure, Storage corruption, system file corruption?

14. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Please read the "Important Notice about the .NET 4 ESU Bypass" from the first post of this topic.

15. nicolaasjan

nicolaasjan MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2020
    I think you're right...
    I've tried several methods to repair, but none worked.
    Guess I have to install the 2021-01 Security Only Quality Update...

Hope the February Monthly Rollup will work.

16. Runaway666

Runaway666 MDL Novice

Jan 12, 2020
    You don't have to help me with that, never asked you, berating me like a child is not needed either.

I installed v9 as normal when it came out and only uninstalled via the prompt after I noticed issues with the system.
    Have now uninstalled all updates since August last year to restore the system back to what it was then, no dice.

A lot of programs fail to start and anything using OpenGL crashes as well, it is really odd. Also tried using one of the early update restore points, but no dice either.
    A system repair may work, but I don't have a Win7 iso I could put onto disk. I ordered a new computer anyways, but I still want to know what broke since this error seems to be rather rare.
    Have a few more things to try since I cannot install network drivers either which are just copy paste and restart so there must be some folder lock(which is weird since I enabled "god mode" for this account already).
    Drives seem to be in good condition according to smart, otherwise most things work just fine, just specific programs and tasks fail now, but I cannot find the commonality between that would lead me to a cause.

I'll manually install all ESU updates one by one, maybe one of those restores the broken paths or something, that is if they don't fail to install.

17. kamyshoviy

Nov 30, 2014
    Runaway666
    Monthly Rollup won't be able to fix a broken OS. If the recovery has already been abandoned (not relevant) and now the goal is to find the reason (do you believe that on your hardware, some update led to the specified breakdowns), you need to install a serviceable OS and methodically roll out updates.