Bypass Windows 7 Extended Security Updates Eligibility

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by abbodi1406, Nov 17, 2019.

1. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    WSUS Proxy only show the updates

i will try to review the .NET 4 Bypass for Embedded

2. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    Rollup KB5007236 is listed as installed
    that's the latest one

new updates at 18:00 UTC

3. adric

adric MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2009
  4. Ulti P. Uzzer

Ulti P. Uzzer MDL Member

Sep 18, 2019
    #6065 Ulti P. Uzzer, Dec 14, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
    @abbodi1406 I'm running the WSUS Proxy on POS 7 and while running Windows Update I can see WSUS updating in the DOS windows, but WU finishes searching & never finds any updates. I'm not sure I understand the process for running WSUS Proxy ... I also can't figure how to get to that panel where you choose your downloaded WSUS updates

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jose-mayorga

jose-mayorga MDL Novice

Jan 11, 2020
    Patch worked as smoothly as usual. Thanks!

6. m.fessler

m.fessler MDL Novice

Jan 15, 2020
    KB5008244 (Rollup) was installed without any problems.
    Security-only: KB5008282

No new SSU (latest: KB5006749) or .net (latest: KB5007299 (3.5.1, 4.5.2, 4.6.x, 4.7.x, 4.8)) Update this month.

Thank you, regards
    Martin

7. vonmir

vonmir MDL Member

Dec 8, 2019
    I'm using Bypass v. 11 on two Lenovo S20 Think Stations. On both, WU showed only the Malicious Software Removal Update, but with the kind help of people in this forum, I was able to download KB5008244 from Windows Catalog. It installed OK manually, though I had a scare on the machine last month's .Net Framework Update wiped out.

This time, when I saw it was trying to start up using the "Repair" function, I immediately hit the power button. When it came back up I chose "Start Windows Normally", and thank God it worked fine.:)

8. Ulti P. Uzzer

Ulti P. Uzzer MDL Member

Sep 18, 2019
    #6069 Ulti P. Uzzer, Dec 14, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong, on POSReady 7 I was able to bring an MSE definition through with WSUS Proxy, but it never finds any "real" updates & after a while WU stops searching after finding nothing & says you're up to date. I can see WSUS running & adding data in the DOS window, but no updates are ever found.
    @abbodi1406
    @Enthousiast

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. whisperalpha

whisperalpha MDL Junior Member

Jan 14, 2020
    It depends on what version of the ESU patcher you have, and some systems can be temperamental in terms of what is displayed as a result of a successful patch, no matter how many times you reboot.

You're not doing anything wrong, the ESU patcher was designed to make it possible to install new updates, but does not guarantee automatic detection. Most updates are intended to be installed manually.
    In some cases, there is no way to convince the system to autodetect updates, and the only way to get them in those cases is manual download and install.
    But at least you can install new updates without getting errors now.

10. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    It actually does patch WU just for that.
    Where do you get this information from?

11. whisperalpha

Jan 14, 2020
    Patch doesn't always work for built-in WU autodetect, but does make it easier to install from a local WSUS server.
    Where do I get that from? Personal experience with years of bad updates and flawed distribution to start with. WU historically fails to detect a number of available and applicable updates, no matter how important, even with a manual /detectnow switch or click to check in the WU interface. Anything that doesn't show up immediately in WU from the internet can often be remedied by a local WSUS server, which communicates better with clients as I've seen. And if a local WSUS server isn't available, and nothing is displayed in WU when you know there are updates available, you know the only way to get it is manual download and install. I can't even tell you how many critical updates years ago were marked "optional" for some reason and I had to go looking for them!

12. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    This patch is meant for simple WU usage and manual installation, since i was an alpha tester for this tool it always was the aim to have WU detect AND install the updates (when patched) and it did in every instance.

13. Ulti P. Uzzer

Ulti P. Uzzer MDL Member

Sep 18, 2019
    I don't think you even understand what the hell I'm even talking about. This is not about the ESU patcher or regular versions of Windows 7. This is about a WSUS script that @abbodi1406 made for WES/POS 7.

14. whisperalpha

Jan 14, 2020
    First of all watch your frickin' language.
    Second, I know what POSReady 7 is. I have a version of it myself I used to screw around with.
    And third, I thought your issue was with the ESU patcher mentioned throughout this thread because that's literally what it's about! Plain discussion of updates goes on a different thread. Most of what goes on here is about compatibility and whether the patch still works every month. If POSready 7 still has access to updates outside of ESU but just isn't finding them, download and install manually. May take longer but at least it works.

15. Ulti P. Uzzer

Ulti P. Uzzer MDL Member

Sep 18, 2019
    #6076 Ulti P. Uzzer, Dec 15, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
    Just 3 pages back in this thread @abbodi1406 made & posted a WSUS script for WES/POS 7 b/c I & several others requested him to, but it seems to have issues. If you can help w/ that fine. If not, then make sure you know what you are commenting on. It seems even @Enthousiast thought you sounded off the wall.

16. Blue Zee

Blue Zee MDL Junior Member

Jan 14, 2020
    Everything installed smoothly.

My shared network printer is now working as it should.
    Great!

17. billmcct

billmcct MDL Member

Aug 13, 2014
    As usual updated fine. Since Feb 2020, I only had one glitch, which was a few months ago and was fixed by installing manually. Strange though, since the advent of "Patch Tuesday" I have never received updates for any of the Win 7 machines I have until Fridays. Today they came on Wednesday. (today)
    Thanks @abbodi1406 for all your hard work keeping Win 7 alive, and to @Enthousiast for all your support.

18. Manchita

Manchita MDL Junior Member

Feb 9, 2020
    Another Patch Tuesday and another successful problem free update.
    Many, many thanks abbodi1406.:):):)
    (PS:- and my "disappearing updates" problem has never returned...life is good again!!)

19. g2s

g2s MDL Novice

Jul 14, 2019
    Hello, WU on my machine hasn't detected any updates for November and December, what do I need to do to fix this? The bypass is installed and until October I was getting updates just fine but now it doesn't seem to find new ones anymore.