CableCARD users - Now what? (No WMC)

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by bmurphr1, Jul 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bmurphr1

bmurphr1 MDL Junior Member

Aug 19, 2009
  2. Brandypuff

Brandypuff MDL Novice

Oct 12, 2009
    I totally agree. I use SageTV but since my cable company went to all digital requiring a cable card, it invalidated my analog tuner cards. I only have one card in my PC that supports OTA broadcasts, now. So I bought an HDR Prime that supports cablecard - but SageTV doesn't see the device directly except via an add-on piece of software which i could never get to work. NextPVR works with the Prime but it won't record shows - even regular network shows - that have the copy protected flag enabled. I have only found that WMC will record all shows flawlessly - Except that they use a proprietary output format that my SageTV extenders can't read and since Google killed SageTV, it won't ever be updated. So i have to pass the shows though a converter which now prevents me from watching shows as they are being recorded. I will continue to run Windows 7 on my media server forever.

It's too bad that in this day and age, we have regressed as far a having a seemless media center / recorded TV watching experience.
    What a freakin' mess!

James

3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009