can anyone help me find a modded bios

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by psyckosis, Jun 8, 2010.

1. psyckosis

psyckosis MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2010
    Hello guys,
    I'm sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place but I was wondering if anyone still has a working modded bios for the HP (ASUS P5LP-LE) motherboard
    currently running Pheonix - Award Bios Revision 5.03 Core version 6.0. I've looked all over the site and I found a dead link to this HP (ASUS P5LP-LE) 3.17 (ASUS) Modded By XBIOSES Tested By pei boy. I don't know if you guys can help me out or not but I would appreciate it. I am looking for a bios that will allow me to unlock cpu and ram if possible. Thanks in advanced. Sorry I do not have a link to an original bios or slic, I can't even find a original bios on the HP website for this board!

2. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
  3. psyckosis

psyckosis MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2010
    thank you for your response, I still have a question

thank you for your quick response and help with my request, I'm sorry I wasn't more specific. The motherboard I have is the Leonite version of the P5LP-LE for the HP Pavillion a1726x. I was hoping that a modded bios would allow me to change voltages and frequencies and multipliers for ram and cpu but I guess I misunderstood what a modded bios was for. I still don't really understand what a modded bios is for or what a modded bios allows a person to do if it does not unlock features that are not accessible in the stock bios that comes with these big name brand computers. thanks again for your response and sorry I put you through the trouble.

4. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    The Modified Bios files on this Forum add SLIC 2.1 and SLP Info to a Bios.
    That info is used to Activate Windows.
    To Unlock or add features you need to do ALOT of Resaech and modify your own BIOS.
    Start by Reading the Stickies in this Section (Bios Mods) of the forum.