Can cleaners like CCleaner fix RunDLL32 errors in Win7?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by TheTechNewbie, Mar 8, 2011.

Tags:
  1. TheTechNewbie

TheTechNewbie MDL Novice

Mar 8, 2011
    Hello,

Lately I am facing some very weird RunDLL32 errors while I am trying to run programs I need for work. Also some shortcuts are blank, and no longer point to correct application.

Here is image of screenshot I took: img718.imageshack.us/img718/3414/rundll.png

Some of my so-called tech friends have recommended me to install good antivirus with built-in firewall, which I already have (Kaspersky 2011) and get some good registry cleaner software.

Since I am a tech newbie, I've been checking many reviews like Fixexe.com/best-5-registry-fix-and-repair-tools and most of them seem to recommend Registry Easy, or ACA Utilities.

I hope you guys can advise me what registry cleaner to choose, if choose at all?

Any help would be more than welcome!

Thanks,

Robert R.

2. thethingy

thethingy MDL Senior Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Ccleaner is al-right as it only removes the most obvious reg entries that are no longer valid, having invalid reg entries shouldn't cause you any problems though, some people say not to clean the registry as it just leads to fragmentation and the benifits of having a few unneeded keys removed are negligible. I think the run dll thing is to do with unregistered and/or updated dll files but might be wrong, if you are on win 7 you can after that error has occurred go to action centre nd check for soloutions and that may give you a fix for your issue.