Can I activate ProfessionalWMC ?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Victoryus, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Victoryus

Victoryus MDL Novice

Jun 17, 2012
    Hy. I can't activate Win8Prox86. I activated it before.. but I download MediaCenter, & it's gone.
    I can't activate it agin, because '"Error: 0xC004F069 On a computer running Windows non-core edition, run'slui.exe 0x2a 0xC004F069' to display the error text"
    How can I activating? (can I delete media center, & using pro key? How?

Sorry, I can't spek english. I'm hungaryan. I speak a bit german, but my english is so bad.. sorry.

2. TacoChuck

TacoChuck MDL Novice

Apr 30, 2011
    Try system restore, i had 180 day activation and attempted to use a mak key that had reached it's limit so i went unactivated, since kms servers are down i tried restore just for the fun of it and went back to original activation!

3. Jessica Alba

Jessica Alba MDL Expert

Jul 26, 2009
    lol all you had to do is install the default key again no need to do a system restore:D

4. TacoChuck

TacoChuck MDL Novice

Apr 30, 2011
    #6 TacoChuck, Aug 20, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
    Tried that, said not recognized!

Not much to restore and default is 90 days right?

5. TacoChuck

TacoChuck MDL Novice

Apr 30, 2011
    For 180 days?

6. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    Surely you can activate ProWMC.......after Oct. 26. Buy a ProWMC key or the WMC pack if you already have a activated Pro.

btw, the 40 buck upgrade is a ProWMC key. :D

7. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    i agree,i just put my order in at microcenter :D

8. CuteBirdy

CuteBirdy MDL Junior Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Is WMC any good? I went the Enterprise route before I realised WMC is blocked from the Enterprise version, now I'm kind of regretting not getting the Professional version instead.

9. Trev0r269

Trev0r269 MDL Novice

Aug 11, 2012
    It depends on if you use Windows Media Center. I've ready plenty of opinions that say it isn't good as far as media center software goes. Personally, it interfaces with my TV card well and I wasn't able to get WinTV working. If you didn't use WMC before, I don'y see why you'd use it now.

10. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    +1, if you didn't use Media Center before, since it's existed in most installations of Vista and 7, and as a special version of XP since 2002, then why worry about it now? If you already had a TV tuner, you probably would've known about Media Center before.

My Hauppauge WinTV PVR-USB2 is an old model so it only supports 32-bit drivers. I'm tired of installing 32-bit Windows on my 4GB Desktop just so I can use MCE, so this time I have W8 Pro x86 installed in VMWare Workstation with my TV tuner attached to it and it works great so far! I'm surprised how well it works, honestly.

I have my host W8 Enterprise x64 installation setup to wait five minutes after automatically logging on, and then start that virtual computer up so I always have it running in the background. I still have 1.5GB of RAM free with it running. :D Can't get symbolic links to work for the main Recorded TV folder, though, so I have it set to record to a different virtual hard drive which is hosted on another physical hard drive than the virtual W8 x86 is hosted on. I'll set my host up to automatically move programs that are done recording over to my physical hard drive.

I've tried some other Media Center-like software and so far I haven't found an easier to set up or smooth using experience.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...