Can I Autologin(including the password) windows 8 and directly get into desktop ?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by swbchen, Aug 22, 2012.

1. swbchen

swbchen MDL Novice

Jun 4, 2008
    Can I Autologin(including the password) windows 8 and directly get into desktop ?

Like windiws xp or windows 7 os, I do like autoloing(including password) and directly get into desktop by passing thru the step the login and choose the function desktop ???

Any one knows how to make it work ???

2. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    #2 roirraW "edor" ehT, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
    To auto-login including the password: In the Metro Start Screen (unless you have Classic Shell installed, then type there instead) type "netplwiz", without the quotes. Run the program. Uncheck the box at the top and click OK. It'll ask for your Windows password twice. Voila! This works with both local and Microsoft accounts.

This worked on Vista and 7, and maybe did on XP too; I don't remember! :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    For going directly to the desktop, *I* choose to install Classic Shell since it gives me a superior Start Menu experience over the original Start Menu anyway, while giving near-enough looks and usage when and where I want it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...