Can I Install Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 As Guest On Hyper-V?

Discussion in 'Virtualization' started by Narayan, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Narayan

Narayan MDL Novice

Jun 29, 2013
    Hello, I am new to this forum. I have got a image of Mac OS X Mountain Lion and I want to install it on my PC. But, as I want to ensure whether it actually works or not so I want to install it on a Virtual Machine. And as I have Windows 8, so I want to install it on Hyper-V. So, is it possible to install OS X 10.8 on Hyper-V because I don't want to use any additional Virtualization Software.

So, Please Help Me, Thanks.............:rolleyes:

My PC Specifications:-

OS- Windows 8 Pro 64-Bit
    CPU- Intel Core i7 3632QM @ 2.80GHz
    RAM- 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
    GPU- NVIDIA Geforce GT 640M 2GB GDDR5
    HDD- Seagate 1TB 7200-RPM With 32GB M-SATA

Thanks...............:rolleyes:

2. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Very very unlikely!

Mac OS X works without any issues on Vmware Workstation/Player

I would not waste the time on Hyper-V

If you want it installed on a physical hardware, the n testing it in VM is COMPLETLY unrealated

Almost like testing a new push bike wheel on a car, one has no relevance to the other

You want to check insanelymac for supported hardware (modern CPU, HDD, RAM are not important really, you need to have a mobo that is supported in Mac)

sebus

3. free1975yuly

free1975yuly MDL Expert

Aug 24, 2011
    I had installed ML in hyper-v so I can confirm: is a bad ideaa because you will not have sound and full-screen feature.I think that MS must works more at Hyper-V until the program will be comparable with VMWare or VirtualBox.On Vmware I have everithing good,including full-screea and sound,etc.You'll need to patch Vmware to run OS X.If you want to install ML in Vmware just ask and you'll find all support.

4. Nementis

Nementis MDL Novice

Jul 25, 2013
    Can you please share the instructions on how to install ML on Hyper-V ? I really only need a black box to perform some compilations and missing audio and no full screen is really a non issue for me. Besied since I have to use Hyper-V on my machine I can't install either Virtual Box or VMware workstation otherwise they compete each other and does not allow Windows to boot. Thanks for help