Can i install the WGA.exe from microsoft with daz's loader?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jimbo23, Mar 8, 2010.

1. jimbo23

jimbo23 MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2010
    In order to download there windows movie make and DVD maker i need to run the windows genuine check thing. can i run it without any problems in order to download the movie make/dvd maker?

thanks.

2. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Most people are passing WGA with Daz 1.7.7

3. jimbo23

jimbo23 MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2010
    ok great, ill try it then. thanks.

4. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    I have an assembled desktop PC with win 7 ultimate 64 oem. On 5-3-10, I decided to go for a fresh install of the same with the same iso. Before doing that, I downloaded and installed kb971033. It went from genuine to otherwise. Uninstalled kb971033 (could do that) but still not genuine. Then loaded daz and it went to genuine.

Perhaps this works. The worst case scenario in installing kb971033 could be reinstalling the OS+software.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. WinFLP

WinFLP MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Thanks for your report on a mystery ISO, of which we have no idea what you were doing for activation.

"Worst case" is actually this:
    Step 1) Solve the case of what's causing you to be non-genuine. Be it a blacklisted key, or patch based activation solution

Step 2) Revalidate. On the web site is as easy as anything. Alternatively if you don't want to revalidate, rearm.

For some reason even though it's repeated time and time again, and even though they actively had to do something to be flagged as non-genuine, a lot of people for some reason think the computer will magically revalidate, or else the whole system must be binned.

6. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    The iso image referred to was 3.47 gb one with win 7 ultimate 32+64 activated. For a desktop PC, one solution is to forget about the previous install and reinstall. Then, do not install kb971033. I have done this and it works. The hard work is in reinstalling the software. Fortunately, I have all software on removable hard disk and my desktop PC (core i7 920, MSI MB, 5GB DDR3 RAM) does a pretty quick job. Even on this image, as I said, after installing kb..., it went to non-genuine, but uninstalling kb... and applying the loader made it genuine.

FYI, I have even gone for the loader based route on a separate 3gb unactivated image and it works.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...