Can I update my windows 7?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by asoolin, Sep 3, 2013.

1. asoolin

asoolin MDL Novice

Sep 3, 2013
    I have installed copy of windows 7 RC1
    can I update it to OEM?

2. asoolin

asoolin MDL Novice

Sep 3, 2013
    #2 asoolin, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
    (OP)
    I found some method that can work: opening sources/cversion.ini on the .iso file and editing the "MinClient" property to be smaller than the build I use now, my RC1 is build 7077, and the "MinClient" property on the Media Refresh windows 7 Ultimate I downloaded(from link in this site) is 7601, so I edited it to be 7000.

Can someone approve to me that Im doing that right thing and not damaging my os before I will do it?
    thanks in advance...

Edit:
    the .iso file which Im trying to edit is copy of a windows 7 ultimate Media Refresh that was downloaded from this site.

3. asoolin

asoolin MDL Novice

Sep 3, 2013
    It appears the winrar can't edit the .iso file ("Winrar can only edit zip or rar archives" message), is this because the .iso file is bootable?

4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    use magiciso

5. asoolin

asoolin MDL Novice

Sep 3, 2013
    when I try to save the edited .iso I get the error "Not enough space to add file or directory"

6. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Extract the contents of the ISO in a folder in desktop, edit the ini, then launch setup.exe to do the upgrade.

7. asoolin

asoolin MDL Novice

Sep 3, 2013
    thank you all for you help, Im running now win7 Refresh Media up to date... ironically it seems that the new windows work much worse that the old one, the startup is slower, everything is lagier, and the performance is generally lower than before... my windows is up to date, virus clean, garbage clean, already used disk defrag, nothing has been downloaded or installed since the update from RC1 to OEM RM(besides windows update ofc)... why is that happened and how can I fix it? thanks in advance...

8. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    RC1 = incomplete = less things to load.

9. asoolin

asoolin MDL Novice

Sep 3, 2013
    how can I downgrade it to RC1?

10. ~Yoshi

~Yoshi MDL Junior Member

Jun 20, 2011
    #10 ~Yoshi, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
    Sorry for my slightly off-topic reply, but I just had to say that I genuinely 'laughed out loud' after reading this thread. :roflmao::roflmao:

OK, on topic:
    You should technically be able to downgrade by navigating to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion" in the registry. Edit all build numbers to "6000" (aka Windows Vista RTM). Then simply run setup.exe.
    But you aren't going to tell me that you want to use a release candidate as a daily OS, right?...

11. asoolin

asoolin MDL Novice

Sep 3, 2013
    you mean I should change the version in the registery and than try to install win 7 RC1 normally?