can not install Office 2016 on windows 7

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by caveanimal, Dec 11, 2016.

1. caveanimal

caveanimal MDL Junior Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Is there anyone that could help please. My Wife is really getting pissed at me. :eek:

2. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    I'm not surprised when you ask questions like "What is VMWare"? - Google is pretty good you know, ever heard of it?

3. caveanimal

Mar 9, 2009
    I did Google it and tried to do some reading on it. But I really don't understand what exactly it is, guess I'm just not that good at understanding what a lot of these programs do and are used for. And as with age my concentration level isn't what it use to be and takes me a lot longer to try to understand these things.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

4. ratzlefatz

ratzlefatz MDL FUBAR Recon Squad

Sep 1, 2012
    #24 ratzlefatz, Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. caveanimal

Mar 9, 2009
    thanks I will try that. but are you saying I should download Office 64 bit, I tried to install that but it didn't like it. But I will try that one again. I did have my windows7 validated and says all is fine. If that makes any difference..

Again thanks for the help

6. caveanimal

Mar 9, 2009
    having fun   NOT.png Well that didn't work I will try to post a screen shot of what came up. This should be interesting never did it b4

7. ratzlefatz

Sep 1, 2012
    #27 ratzlefatz, Dec 16, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    If the screenshot above is the only one you want to show, then I don't see any error. The output reveils no obvious failure.

Installation path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office" shows, that either "Office 64bit was installed on Windows 64bit" or "Office 32bit was installed on Windows 32bit"
    If "Office 32bit was installed on Windows 64bit" then Installation path shows "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office"

Office Suites (found = installed / not found = not installed):
    - "Office Professional Plus" (includes all Single Apps, except those that were de-selected during install setup)

Additional Apps (found = installed / not found = not installed):
    - "Project Pro"

Single Apps (found = installed / not found = not installed):
    - You can select either full Office Suites (with all Apps included) or you can switch to select Single Apps for install.
    - Single Apps installation is a different thing and will show only when you select 0=no during Full Suite install.
    - So all "not found" are correct, because you installed ProPlus where they are all included.

I think you should read included "readme.pdf" file in O2016RTool.7z archive for further reference and explanation.

So to me this listing says:
    Office Professional Plus (with Word, Excel, etc included) and Project Pro were installed.
    No Single Office Apps were installed (and are therefore not found).

So I must admit, I didn't get the problem you tried to describe.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. caveanimal

Mar 9, 2009
    Just to let you know and to say thanks for putting up with me. I uninstalled everything Office and Kms using the Microsoft Toolkit. than I went and downloaded an Iso of Office pro plus from a link in here than did a checksum to make sure it was all there. Than I made an install disk, and installed the program with no problem than I downloaded KMSpico and used that to activate it. And so far everything is starting up without the activation window coming up. So it seems fine. I don't want to pester you but can I update now and do I need to reactivate once in awhile not sure on that one.

Anyways thank you for the help and sorry I was such a noob.:cheers:

9. ratzlefatz

Sep 1, 2012
    Glad you sorted it out.

Yes. You can use internet conection and update without worries.

KMS activation lasts for a period of 180 days. You can renew at anytime during this period for another 180 days.
    Office itself will remind you when activation is coming to an end and must be renewed.