Cannot activate with DAZ Loader or RemoveWAT

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by valeriano, Jan 10, 2010.

1. valeriano

valeriano MDL Novice

Jan 10, 2010
    Hello. Just registered to get some help around here. Hope someone can lend me a hand.

I've been trying to activate this installation for 2 days now, no success. I'll just list what I did and maybe someone will be able to point what I'm doing wrong and set me on the right direction.

My version/build is 7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255 (as it appears on the Loader), so I think this is the right one. I don't know if this helps, but I ran that SLIC Toolkit as suggested by someone on the torrent site where I got the ISO and it said "ACRSYSACRPRDCT_V2.1". The Loader tells me my BIOS is "ACRSYS - (07/08/08)".

Tried DAZ's Loader first, v1.7.7 - none of the methods worked (default, alternative, older, forceful). I restarted when prompted by the program and, after that, the activation status did not change. On the Loader it still said "Unactivated (Untouched)".

Then I moved to RemoveWAT, and it seemed to work - the info about activation was not in the Control Panel anymore, looked good. But after a few restarts, I got the popup message telling me my Windows copy was not genuine.

I asked for help on the torrent site first, because the guy who uploaded it was helping everyone who had any problems and most of them were satisfied with the results. He was the one who told me to use the SLIC Toolkit and check if my SLIC was 2.1. It is (I have screenshots of the Toolkit running, I can link them if relevant). He told me to check the documentation here then, and that's what I did: checked the guide on these forums, section 6-F, and he also said that I wouldn't be needing to mod my BIOS after all. This is where things got a bit confuse to me.

Which certificate am I supposed to install? I did a small search around and I'm under the impression that my BIOS is some kind of ACER variant. Is that correct? I did install the ACER certificates present in the file listed on the guide (both ACER.xrm-ms and ACER-NEW.xrm-ms) and then installed the corresponding OEM SLP Key. The installations were successful but the activation failed; still on trial.

Is this the correct method for me? I really would like to get this done without modding, mainly because I'm not that computer savvy. I can follow the instructions on the guide, and so far I think I did everything the way I'm supposed to, but I'm sure I did something wrong... Or I'm missing something.

Anyone able to help? Thanks in advance!

(And please forgive this broken, horrible English - it is not my primary language).

2. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    certain RemoveWAT builds did that. Download newest one and restore and remove wat

3. valeriano

valeriano MDL Novice

Jan 10, 2010
    It happened this morning, and I'm using the latest version (2.1.2).

I'm going to restore/remove once again and observe. Will post anything that follows. Thanks for the reply. :)

4. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    There were several builds of that version

5. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Some bioses just plain do not like having a slic inserted into memory, it's rather technical but the loader struggles to find a place to insert the slic into memory, is the jist of it.

For this reason I created a patch based within Windows solution :)

6. valeriano

valeriano MDL Novice

Jan 10, 2010
    Ah, got it. And I really don't want to mess around the BIOS and stuff, so I'll stick to RemoveWAT. Restarted/Turned Off a few times now, no problems.

Thanks a lot for the tool and for the help. Laters!