Cannot connect to Network share when 4 digit PIN is enabled at Login.

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by gnugeek, Jun 24, 2015.

1. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    As you know everything better, fine, just I didn't like to argue about that. In fact I wrote in Post #9
    :

You simply were going ahead and concentrated on the PIN Code use for to connect to that storage! OK, you claimed that would work, why I should bother or argue about that? So I stopped to answer.

And now, WHAT is working? NOT the Pin Code, it's the Password as I wrote in my post! Just look at your own post's and your argumentation that it MUST the PIN Code etc. etc. and, if your objective (which may you're never would be) you you should bash yourself instead of those who were try to help.

Have a nice day!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    well like i said in post #13 i was able to map and connect to all my drives on all 3 comps....using PIN is not a NAS but still follows the same network rules, if the PIN is the true problem, i would run into the same issue of not being able to map or connect to any shares.....hopefully will get a new build soon and see if this issue continues with people using NAS.

3. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    Glad you got it sorted :biggrin:
    And thanks for posting the answer, it may come in handy another day. ;)

4. Espionage724

Espionage724 MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2009
    #44 Espionage724, Jun 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
    Can anyone confirm this behavior on 10158?

I'll give it a shot if nobody else does within the next hour.

Edit: Pin login and accessing my NAS is fine on 10158 :) (at least out-the-box).

Edit: Broke on reboot after installing some updates; so it's the same case as 10130...