cannot flash ASUS P4P800 Deluxe Bios

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by daxanadu, May 12, 2007.

1. daxanadu

daxanadu MDL Novice

May 12, 2007
    Hello,

This is my first post here and I'm hoping to get some help using the modded bios found here. I tried to flash my ASUS P4P800 Deluxe botherboard with the modded bios found here (P4P800-ASUS-1021.006-SLIC.ROM), but somehow are unable to do it. I got the error message with AFUDOS "error: cannot open bios." Could someone tell me what might be wrong?

For you information, this is a bios I have modded before so that now the board manufacturer is shown as Hewlette Packard. Could this be a problem?

Thanks very much in advance for any help!

daxanadu :confused:

2. China4Ever

China4Ever Bios Mod.

Apr 25, 2007
    As Afudos doesn't allow (being a dos application) file names bigger than 8 letters, try to rename modded bios as BIOS.ROM. Then prepare a valid bootable floppy disk with the following syntax:

AFUDOS /iBIOS.ROM /pbnc /n and press enter and it will surely flash your eeprom.

HP SLIC or any other branded oem info is the same and is not related to success or unsuccess in flashing bios.

3. daxanadu

daxanadu MDL Novice

May 12, 2007
    Thanks very much for the explaination, China4ever. I realized this problem and was able to flash the bios.

I have a couple of more questions:

1) Does this modded bios work for installing Vista on a desktop or only for laptop?

2) Do I need an ASUS version of Vista or the regular retail version? I was hoping to try out Vista Ultimate

Thanks again for the great work!

daxanadu

4. China4Ever

China4Ever Bios Mod.

Apr 25, 2007
    1) It works only for that specific motherboard

2) You can use any windows vista retail (or oem) DVD (32 bit or 64 bit is the same).

You're welcome. ;)

5. daxanadu

daxanadu MDL Novice

May 12, 2007
    Thanks for the follow up. I asked about laptop vs desktop only because in the added SLIC information there is the word "laptop." Now I understand that whatever the case, its the motherboard that's the bottom line.

As always, thanks for the good work!

daxanadu

6. China4Ever

China4Ever Bios Mod.

Apr 25, 2007
    You're welcome. ;)

7. bob550

bob550 MDL Novice

May 31, 2007
    I have the p4p800 motherboard,I would like to know what the modded bios does,will the board perform better?

8. GmY

GmY MDL Novice

May 28, 2007
    And using Asus Update ? Receive any errors ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. b1gg13

b1gg13 MDL Novice

Sep 25, 2007
    i am trying to flash my P4P800, i keep getting the same error no matter which bios i try.

"ROM File ROMID is not compatible with existing BIOS ROMID"

i am trying to flash using afudos with the command:

afudos /ibios.rom /pbnc /n

the bios name is bios.rom

can anyone help me figure out what i am doing wrong.

**** EDIT ****
    never mind i found out what the problem was .... my memory.
    the system had a p4p800 mobo in it but i switched it out with a p4p800-e motherboard. i got the correct bios and they installed fine.

10. Brandofriva

Brandofriva MDL Novice

Oct 14, 2007
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this - hoping someone here can offer advice.

I have an ASUS P5B-VM DO with bios revision 0208 (seems to be an ancient version from 2006/01 and its giving me headaches in Vista). Whenever I try to update using the afudos's I've found I get an error telling me the ROM ID does not match the current one. I've tried some of the afudos's on this site and none of them seem to work (other than the one's that dont have the "ignore ROM ID" option.

Any possible solutions to this?

EDIT: Ignore the above. Apparently the local hardware vendor here (like mini-dell) modify their own bios's - hence it doesnt match. Getting an fixed bios from them.

11. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    May I ask you where you are from?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. Brandofriva

Brandofriva MDL Novice

Oct 14, 2007
    South Africa :D

Their bios ver was so old it was not funny - got lucky and they had a version of afudos that worked.

13. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Oh, I see... Best wishes to our modding embassy in South Africa!

14. Brandofriva

Brandofriva MDL Novice

Oct 14, 2007
    Thank u very much - to u too :D