Cannot install in Vaio

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by dragonfire665, Feb 11, 2010.

1. dragonfire665

dragonfire665 MDL Senior Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Ok so my friend has a Sony Vaio and man did that thing got all messed up. For some reason who couldnt get to desktop, a black screen will come out requiring to reinstall Windows Vista (the actual version the laptop came with). So i picked up one of my Vista disc and install over it, but when in Expanding Files reaches 95% it pop up message came up saying windows could not access installation source (and other stuff), requiring to reinstall. We did it with many different Vista Disc and the same. I picked up Windows 7, which this computer can handle and the same thing, with all windows 7, i even tried the X64 versions to see if anything. All my discs work, because i have use them on other computers. The boot and load just fine.

Every installationg i tried i formatted the HDD but still the same messages. Windows can not accesss installation source (files) during ins expanding files (with 7, it actually gets to 100% and then gives me the message). I even tried Windows XP, from SP1 disc to SP3 disc and all still not installing.

Does anyone have any ideas what is causing this? i can not do a registry error check because there is not windows installed. I tried running Memory Diagnostic from 7 and Vista and gave me errors, that it can not run. So i am stuck with a Laptop that i can not check for memory errors neither install a new OS. Any suggestions?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    Use something like Paragon Partition Manager BootCD to Format the HDD (which will remove all current data) and then install Win 7 or Vista.

3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  4. dragonfire665

dragonfire665 MDL Senior Member

Sep 17, 2008
    hey guys thanks for the replies but even using this is still the same, could it be the HDD or what else? i am having the most difficulty ever. This is going on with all 3 Windows not just 7 but ill love to install 7 since is much better

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...