Cannot login to shared account

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by robojock, Jul 12, 2015.

1. robojock

robojock MDL Novice

Apr 20, 2015
    Hi,

I have an issue with windows 10 (and 8/8.1) when i switch to microsoft account i cannot log into my local server shared folder, if i type in my servers ip address in the bar windows says the following \"ip" is not accessible. You might not have premission to use this network resource... etc. If i change it back to local account then i can log in without problems

I do have password protected sharing to "off", sometimes i have this problem with remote desktop sharing, so i have tightvnc as a backup.

Please help

2. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    your share drive is setup with a local account....when u log into your MS account your in the MS cloud no longer local and your credentials change.

3. robojock

robojock MDL Novice

Apr 20, 2015
    Is there no way to fix that? I would like to use my Microsoft account because of the windows insider program, store and my lumia phone.

4. Espionage724

Espionage724 MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2009
    Are you using a Pin to login? If so, that's likely the issue.

5. robojock

robojock MDL Novice

Apr 20, 2015
    Yes i do have a pin to login, i did a "reset" it and logged in with my microsoft account password, now when i try it tells me username or password is incorrect. I know it is correct when i switch back to a local account everything works "normal" :mad:

6. mechanicweb

mechanicweb MDL Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Seems a problem to network driver. Try downloading updated driver from the vendor site. Most likely there will be drivers for W10 since RTM is this close, at least ASUS does.

7. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    i told u cant use a local share in the MS cloud..... do this delete your local shares, then log in to MS account create a new home group....then join your 8.1 box to the new home group create the new shares and that should fix the issue for u.

8. robojock

robojock MDL Novice

Apr 20, 2015
    Thank you MS_User , i logged into my server created a "homegroup" gave me a password. Logged into my other machine with my microsoft account logged into the homegroup with the password given and that works :rolleyes:

9. ihtisham301

ihtisham301 MDL Novice

Jul 13, 2015
    hmmm, let's see if this works. Several Windows 10 users might be facing this problem