cannot recognize Iphone & Ipod in Windows 8 DP

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by jyango, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Kalliedog

Kalliedog MDL Junior Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Pretty soon??? LMAO!
    Lets see M$ came out with the tablet in 2001, a full 9 years before the iTampon, and the first M$ smart phone came out in 2004, 3 years before apple did that iPhone.
    Apple did come out with the ipod before M$ but apple did copy it from or most do say it was very very similar to the nomad jukebox by creative.
    Apple is well known for coping others ideas so your statement is nowhere being valid.
    Fail!

2. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    nah,i only use iphone as a camera,that is all sir:eek::p:D

3. ASV93

ASV93 MDL Member

Apr 2, 2011
    lol the pic is 100% real, WDP Build. Anyway, i never had problems with that on win8. Try restarting the service "Apple Mobile device", that could fix the problem.

4. FireRx

FireRx MDL Member

Feb 14, 2011
  5. ODY123

ODY123 MDL Expert

Apr 20, 2011
    Today's article about the smartphone:

NEW YORK (AP) — Microsoft and Samsung Electronics have agreed to cross-license each other's patent portfolios, with Microsoft getting royalties for mobile phones and tablets Samsung sells that run the Android operating system.
    Microsoft Corp. and Samsung Electronics Co. said Wednesday that they also will work together to develop and market Microsoft's Windows Phone software.
    Financial terms were not disclosed.
    Research firm IDC says Samsung was the No. 2 smartphone maker in the world in the second quarter, behind Apple Inc. The patent deal is likely to be a boost for Microsoft, which is scrambling to build a mobile version of Windows that will be more widely embraced in the smartphone market, where it has fallen behind Google's Android as well as Apple's iPhone operating system.
    Samsung's Galaxy phones, which propelled it to No. 2 from No. 4 in the smartphone market, run on Android.
    Shares of Microsoft rose 36 cents to $26.03 in morning trading.

6. zrmxp95

zrmxp95 MDL Novice

Oct 1, 2011
    Ok, so I have come up with a way to get my iPod touch 4G (iOS 5 b7) to sync with iTunes 10.5 b7 (This also worked with my iPad):

1) Close iTunes
    2) Go to services
    3) Stop "Apple Mobile Device"
    4) Plug device in, wait for the 1 or 2 chimes
    5) Start "Apple Mobile Device"
    6) Open iTunes
    7) During Sync you might get an "Unable to receive data from sync services", but it still syncs)

Hope this helps :biggrin:

iTunes will backfire if it is open when you plug your device in after you stopped the service.

7. sugardick

sugardick MDL Novice

Jan 25, 2013
    #27 sugardick, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
    hello people.. i am new here and i want to see if i am using the thread correctly
    nice...

so....
    I had the same problem and i tried some things to solve it...
    I came up with that:

1. connect your iphone to your win8 pc
    2. you will be able to see your iphone on my computer but the DCIM folder will appear empty
    3. go to control panel -> folder options -> view -> show hidden files and then press apply
    4. return to your DCIM folder

here they are... all your fotos and videos are here :):)

P.S:
    microsoft would never block apple devices. They are being used from many many people...
    MS are not random idiots like someone else :):)