Cannot sign into Windows Live Messenger. Please Help!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Matrix Leader, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    anyone????????????

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Matrix Leader

Dec 8, 2009
    huh? what are you talking about?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. vois

vois MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2010
    #23 vois, Jul 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
    try this one,worked for me sometimes
    (have a pm)
    In "Elevated" Command Prompt type
    netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=disabled

4. Matrix Leader

Dec 8, 2009
    thanks dude but that didn't do the trick :(

5. NOS911

NOS911 MDL Novice

Dec 21, 2009
    You could try this as a last resort.

1. Go to Start > Run
    2. Type in regedit and press enter
    3. Navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger"
    4. Delete the folder called MSNMessenger

After this Windows Live Messenger should login as normal.

6. Matrix Leader

Dec 8, 2009
    but the thing is, all other programs which require internet are saying there is no internet connection, only IE can find the connection and so does Windows Update

7. bluealien

bluealien MDL Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Since the device works on Xp and windows 7 was freshly installed, it could be a driver problem.
    Maybe you can try completely unistalling the 3g(hsdpa)usb software and driver and reinstall it, or check your 3g provider for an updated driver/fw for your device.

8. Matrix Leader

Dec 8, 2009
    This sounds like the problem coz I just connected through Wi-Fi and everything was ok. I'll check for a newer driver thank you for the nice suggestion.

9. trolltamer2

trolltamer2 MDL Junior Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Just a thought......... my HDPSA modem puts me on a "Public" network profile! Have you tried changing it to Home or Work in the network and sharing centre, just to see if that makes a difference? I wouldn't suggest leaving it on that but could be the problem!

10. kubato

kubato MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Sounds to me like a corrupted winsock in your x64 windows 7 install. Here is how to do a reset of your winsock, I do it when a virus or some other problem keeps me from getting an ip or connecting to the internet. Here are the steps:
    1. Click on Start button.
    2. Type Cmd in the Start Search text box.
    3. Press Ctrl-Shift-Enter keyboard shortcut to run Command Prompt as Administrator. Allow elevation request.
    4. Type netsh winsock reset in the Command Prompt shell, and then press the Enter key.
    5. Restart the computer.
    What this does.....
    netsh winsock reset command does are it resets Winsock Catalog to a clean state or default configuration. It removes all Winsock LSP (Layered Service Providers) previously installed, including the potential malfunctioned LSP that causes loss of network packets transmission failure.

11. Matrix Leader

Dec 8, 2009
    #31 Matrix Leader, Jul 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
    (OP)
    after all...it seems that my modem is not fully compatible with x64 and I cant find a driver online anywhere :(

HUWAEI E1550

12. Matrix Leader

Dec 8, 2009
    PROBLEM SOLVED GUYS!!! WOOO HOO!! IT FOUND AN UPDATED DRIVER which solved the problem AFTER A LONG SEARCH!

Thanks to everyone who contributed and tried helping me! you guys are great

13. Dre009

Dre009 MDL Addicted

Oct 26, 2009
  14. Matrix Leader

Dec 8, 2009
    I was surprised it was a drive problem as I was always using it in a 32 bit system before and never had any problems...on my new Fujitsu Amilo with W7 Ultimate x64 that same driver installed perfectly and I could see the modem in the control panel just fine so I didn't ever think it might be a driver problem until I just thought of googling this problem and noticed on the forums of my modem manufacturer everyone is having trouble finding a 64 bit driver as there is no support whatsoever from the manufacturer...heh