Cant Access F:\

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by christiheller, Apr 25, 2010.

1. christiheller

christiheller MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2010
    I have a hp pavillion dv6500, vista home premiun. I am the only user and the original owner. Someone has gained access and is redirecting all of my settings. I must be retarded because this looks like it has been going on for months. My recovery drive and recovery manager is corrupted so I ordered new recovery discs today.

I started getting an error message saying "recycle bin on F:\ is corrupted". As far as I knew I only had the C:\ D:\ and E:\. I went into the F:\ properties and it keeps saying "Access denied"! I tried to take ownership, it says "Unable to display current owner"! When I looked at location and Find, there were numerous accounts...CREATOR OWNER, SYSTEM, everything you can think of that "looks" legit or in my name but one letter or symbol off.

My question is, Can anyone tell me how I can view the contents of a drive I never knew I had before I reinstall? Or how I can find out any information on who or where this came from. I understand it is spyware but it goes way beyond a simple program. I changed the name of my computer a few hours ago and these accounts are under the new computer name, and are able to log on with special priveledges when I am logged off.