Can't activate 1809 but 1703 works fine different product key?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by joshu, Dec 29, 2018.

1. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    @urie:
    Sorry, I'll not post such Query Results because of there to much private related info inside about the used machines, and much more.

So, NO! No info like that!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    I don't see private stuff in the query

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    A lot of claims, no real info.

What is the difference in HWID's, is a legit question, what do you mean by that?

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    To be honest, I see no reason to post anymore as already posted detailed data. I did not have to ask for any Help, just gave the info what happened. If I'd got problems and liked to get help, I would have clearly ask for such, I didn't! The only interest I may have is about some (if available) information from others about the same, nothing more.

Unfortunately, there's a tendency on MDL from some members all times to start a crusade against some others. Therefore, this post is my last about the discussed matter. Bye.

5. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Yes there is a tendency on MDL, claims, vague info and when asked for more info, no real response, that's the tendency.

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #27 urie, Feb 13, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    @Enthousiast , yes I know you asked for Pisthai to post the QT results all I did was post example to show to no private info is shown in report.

Edit

@pisthai , members are only trying to help and report may have given required info. But now we will never know o_O

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    I know, we are on the same page :)

But we'll probably never get more info about one key generating different hwid's.

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  9. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    #30 Mr.X, Feb 13, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019

10. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
  11. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    You (should) know (as Moderator) that there quite some Members on MDL who opposing everything from other (let say: unliked) members with an accusation, harassment or so.

That a very knowledgable member, who's is showing off that knowledge at many occasions, admits that the same Product Key used on totally different hardware will end up with the same HWID, isn't simply true. The HWID is the result of the used Hardware Parts in conjunction with the used Product and ends up in a numerical code which is used on and for just one single machine. Period.

The QT Report otherwise, will give a lot of data of the machine it is running from, which includes even installed Software and, and, and! All of that is data which are private. Beside of that, I don't like to use some Tool App which was created to retrieve confidential data of a whole Computer System. That VirusTotal didn't (and could not) scan all include files separately, will not show the real status of that app which contains 1.515 Files and 164 Folders (184.731.385 bytes)! And I don't want to spend a lot of time to check file by file!

Again: I didn't asked for help in my post, and hardly do here at MDL because of the bad behavior of several members.

Bye.

12. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    :laie:

13. Windows_Addict

Windows_Addict MDL Expert

Jul 19, 2018
    Thank you for sharing this info, :)
    Indeed it would be interesting to know that how many systems can be activated with that key, is there a limit? Is it officially intended by MS or just a loophole in activation system?
    if possible please test it further for the fun and share the info here. TIA.

14. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Please take your eye medicine, what files and folders are you talking about?

And what software, other then Office does it show installed. did you even download the QT from here?

The only one here using needless caps regularly and goes ranting for nothing, is you.

15. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    WHINER

Psycho bitter piece of man, you should POOF from these forums!
    Otherwise I'll keep striking you against the wall!

16. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Thanks for your nice answer.

That I came around that 'crazy' facts were done by just doing a mistake of first using the same Product Key on a second new computer. I had 16 machines for installing W10 on the table, 12 with w10 Enterprise VL and 4 with w10 Pro Retail. For the Retail, I used W8.1 Pro Product Keys.
    As I was getting the second machine activated with W10 Pro and Retail Key, I really was wondering and then tried for the remaining 2 machines again use that exact same Retail Key, and it just worked! That 4 Machine is for private persons who asked for the installation, while those 12 for a company customer.

I'm not a hacker and mainly use original Software only, no pirated stuff. Over the last few days, I'd switched those 4 machines periodly on and of for to see the activation remains, and it does till now. If there's is any Loophole or whatsoever in MS Activation System, I don't know. Until the customer will be back and pick up their machines (in app. 15 days), I'll check them for any changes in the activation.

Let see what will happen.

Thanks and bye.

17. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Update to my Post #9

The use of the same Original (Retail) Product Key, seems to work only on a Computer which had upfront never received a Hardware ID from MS. I tested today to install Windows 10 on an old Acer Aspire One, which already had a Windows 10 Home before (according to the owner) and it needs an unused/new Product Key for to get activated. So I used a new (old) 8.1 Pro Retail Key (which I have quite a few left) and that worked.

On another brand new computer, the other 8.1 Pro Retail Key (that one I used for the 4 machines already) activated without any problem.

Nothing more to say. Bye.