1. MysticSpade

MysticSpade MDL Novice

Jul 11, 2014
    #1 MysticSpade, Jul 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
    I know this problem may across as weird to some but I'm absolutely stumped at this point. I am installing W7 Ultimate 64 bit on to a new Samsung 840 SSD and using Windows loader 2.2.1 by DAZ to activate. I have used this combo on easily around 50 custom builds and never had one issue at all until now. I have tried multiple SLIC's and certificates, even changing into Legacy Mode or ignoring SLIC did me any good. Although whenever I got MS website through IE it shows as genuine but on my PC I still have the 30 days to activate countdown. Also once running the Daz Loader upon restart the system hangs and I have to use my install media to use "bootsect.exe /nt60 SYS /force" command. I just am at a loss as to why doing this on an SSD is giving me so much trouble and I'm just considering cloning my HDD to it instead and just move all my large files to an external.

Personally I am not super knowledgeable about this stuff and that's why I used this method because it was so simple, literally just a 1 click activation. So any help I am able to get here on these forums would be greatly appreciated.

2. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Then re-format and install it again... ;)

3. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    First thing that comes to mind of Daz's loader not working is that the new drive maybe formatted to GPT and not MBR.
    Plug the drive into another working PC and check which it is.

4. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    In that case the Loader would show it and refuse to do anything.

@OP

Would be good to provide MGADiag Report (see the Loader Support Threads OP for info).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    But keep in mind this:
    This is why I just recommended re-format and re-install due he/she has done this before in similar machines and no waste of time.