Cant awake from sleep or hibernate

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by pcuser222, Mar 28, 2011.

1. pcuser222

pcuser222 MDL Novice

Mar 28, 2011
    Really? I though it was one of the best anti viruses out there, so im confused. But i guess I'll try to remove it and see if that works.

2. pcuser222

pcuser222 MDL Novice

Mar 28, 2011
    Thing is i have the same problem with the sleep function.

3. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Don't get me wrong it's a good antvirus but it has some weird side effects. If you have third party firewall remove that too, it's the driver that screws with sleep.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. pcuser222

pcuser222 MDL Novice

Mar 28, 2011
    Ok which antivirus would you recommend then

5. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    I was under the impression that you were interested in getting the sleep issue fixed ?
    The primary reason I am asking you to remove Kaspersky is to see whether it may
    be causing the sleep issue. This issue is being more drawn out than it should be.
    I am trying to advise you to do the following:

a) Check for Microsoft option, updates and or fixes, to the issue and apply it, if no change;
    b) You update all system drivers, the bios and test installed software, if no change;
    c) Clean install Windows and test it before you install drivers, then you install drivers and test again,
    then you install software and test again. That should be the end of the issue !

My personal choice for antivirus is a free option, but that is completely dependent on how well it plays
    with the installed hardware and software on the specific system. Avira or Avast have worked well in the past.
    AVG hasn't, it throws up blue screens and causes freezing on some systems.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. pcuser222

pcuser222 MDL Novice

Mar 28, 2011
    I am interested in getting the sleep issue fixed fixed that is the primary concern I just figured i'd ask what anti virus you think is good since you said kaspersky was the worse program ever i believe.
    And no i don't think it has been drawn out longer than it should be since the problem is still not resolved. Yes i know i can do a clean install, i can even do a full system factory reset which I'm sure will help but doesn't pinpoint the problem. I've also done all those steps so a clean windows install is my last resort i guess, though i am looking for other ways first.

thanks again, all information is appreciated as always.

7. Samlappy

Samlappy MDL Addicted

Mar 12, 2009
    ESET is a good ant-virus, it's lightweight and doesn't take up so much RAM.

8. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Try removing antivirus and firewall if you have 3rd party and test.

9. Liebo

Liebo MDL Member

Jul 9, 2009
    I get this issue on Windows 7. If the computer sleeps, you cannot wake it. I think it is just a BIOS issue as it does it on a clean install. Unfortunately, they are old boards with no newer BIOS than the ones I am using...

10. pcuser222

pcuser222 MDL Novice

Mar 28, 2011
    Yeah actually i did update BIOS and hibernation works fine now but sleep still doesn't, and I've tried almost everything and i can't seem to figure it out still