can't download the installation files for Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by yasdaz, Apr 10, 2008.

1. yasdaz

yasdaz MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2008
    Hi, I am new here and don't know if this is the right place to post this but I went today to download the three installation files for Vista and none of them worked. All I got was a blank screen except for DENIED in the top left corner. What is happening? I have been looking for a site like this for a long time and I hope I can get this to work! I just want a copy of Vista Premium 64 bit as I have a 32 bit version that I wish to turn into 64 bit. My understanding of this is that as long as I have a copy of 64 bit, I can use the 32 bit licence legally (of course not using the licence on a second, 32 bit version, just the one 64 bit version). Anway, I hope someone can help. Thanks, Yasmine

2. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    The Key for 32bit is the same as 64bit... any way my DVD's are that way.
    My understanding is you can not convert the 32bit to 64 bit.. YOU HAVE TO DO A FORMAT AND CLEAN INSTALL for the x64. So download a complete x64 ISO. then you can go Vista 64bit.

3. yasdaz

yasdaz MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2008
    Hi, thanks so much for your reply. I am not sure if we are talking at cross purposes. I cannot download the 64bit iso files. I am talking about the three files that together make up a complete 64bit Vista o/s. I hope I am making sense. The three files that are on the Digital Life website which make up vista (either 32 or 64 bit) I cannot download; I just get a message saying denied. Am I doing something wrong? If there is another place I can get the 64bit Vista o/s (not the licence, just the files), I would love to know about it. Much thanks, Yasmine

4. Opp32

Opp32 MDL Novice

May 18, 2007
    I've too this problem, since 5 days ago the links worked, but now, appear only a blank page, where is wrote denied.