Can't install Media Feature Pack on Windows 10 Pro N build 1607

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ksio89, Aug 8, 2016.

1. ksio89

ksio89 MDL Member

Nov 20, 2013
    As you know, Windows N & KN editions do not come with multimedia features such as Windows Media Player, audio/video codecs and other files, such as decoders and other files to have Android USB MTP support. After updating Windows 10 Pro N from TH2 to build 1607, I lost Android USB MTP support and WMP was missing, which means I need to install MFC again.

I downloaded the latest MFP released from MS is "Microsoft-Windows-MediaFeaturePack-OOB-Package_x64.msu" (KB3010081) to install these packages, but it's not working. It finishes the installation but nothing happens, no applications or files are installed, such as Windows Media Player. I reboot and I don't get the Windows Update messages that the updates are being applied, which confirms MFC was not installed. Is anyone else with an "N" or "KN" also facing this issue? Is there any other way to install Media Feature Pack in 1607 build, or do I need to wait for MS to released an updated Media Feature Pack to support build 1607? Thanks in advance.

2. ksio89

ksio89 MDL Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Thank you, it worked! I was getting crazy trying to find an updated version on MFC for build 1607. Thank you, man!