Can't Stay Connected

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by TONPumper, Apr 7, 2011.

1. TONPumper

TONPumper MDL Member

Jan 2, 2011
    My friend has a new Toshiba laptop. He's brought it to our technical team, but we don't know what's going on with it. For some reason, his computer will only stay connected to our school's wireless internet for a short period of time. When it disconnects, he gets the yellow caution sign in the taskbar. The only solution to the problem is to right click on the internet icon and open the Network and Share center. In doing this, the connection reestablishes and he can get back online. My coworkers hypothesized that the computer keeps dropping his IP address. I blame all of the bloatware that is on the machine. We just had a computer brought to us and the client said that they couldn't connect to the internet. Turns out the problem was caused by Webroot Internet Security, which blocked the connection all together. Once the program was gone, they were able to connect. This is why I think it could be the bloatware.

Does this problem sound like something that anyone has experienced?

2. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Have you considered it being a power management issue. Maybe it's using something like green ethernet and shutting off the adapter when idle ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...