Can't update nVidia drivers!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by marcusvr, Jan 24, 2013.

1. marcusvr

marcusvr MDL Novice

Mar 29, 2008
    Hi guys! There is sometime I have a huge problem: I can't update nVidia drivers! If I try to update, my Windows initialization files corrupt.

My machine configuration is: mobo Asus P7P55D Deluxe (using modded bios version 2003); video EVGA GTX 470; 8 Gb RAM Corsair XMS3 DDR3 (CM3X2G1600C9). I'm using Windows 7 64x.

I don't know what may be happening: I tried fresh installs, extract and install the driver manually, install the driver through Windows Update, but nothing works: everytime I'm installing the driver, my system hangs, and when I restart the computer Windows don't load! :mad:

I must use the system restoration or the initialization repair to bring it back, and sometimes it don't work too, and I need to do a fresh install; this happens with any driver above 296.10, the latest that works to me. :mad:

Some tip, idea, or pray? :worthy:

Thanks in advance, and please forgive the English errors, I'm Brazilian and don't write well in English! o_O

2. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    when you download the driver and hit install choose custom and then the choose clean install

3. marcusvr

marcusvr MDL Novice

Mar 29, 2008
    I already tried it, Redroad, it didn't work. I also tried fresh installing Windows and, before update it, install the driver. It didn't work too...

4. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    There is a newer bios than the one your running maybe that will solve it .. P7P55D Deluxe BIOS 2101

5. marcusvr

marcusvr MDL Novice

Mar 29, 2008
    #5 marcusvr, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
    (OP)
    I tried it yesterday night, Redroad. I updated the bios and tried to install the driver (without overclock), and the same thing occurred: system hanged again... :mad:

I've read somewhere that nVidia changed its drivers from the version 300, but I've looked for a problema like mine in the foruns and never found anything.

6. marcusvr

marcusvr MDL Novice

Mar 29, 2008
    #7 marcusvr, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
    (OP)
    I read the posts, Readroad, thanks. But I don't believe that it could be a temperature problem. Is fact that I live in a hot place (here the temp now is 28° Centigrades, and it isn't hot as usual to our summer), but I use a well refrigerated case (a Cooler Master HAF 922) with good coolers, and there is an air conditioner too. I'm tending to believe in a hardware fail - believe me, I tried everything I could think! I also don't believe in overheating because I neither can install the driver, and it don't submit the GPU to intense 3D use to cause overheating.

To flash the GPU bios is an option, but I'm thinking that it could be some kind of incompatibility... I alread tested each one of my memory modules for hours, and they seem to be ok.