Can't upgrade?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by carlossilva91, Oct 19, 2013.

1. carlossilva91

carlossilva91 MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2012
    Hi!

Today i installed Windows 8.1 on a new computer. When i try to upgrade to Pro i receive a message telling me that i can't add features to this edition of Windows :/

Earlier i used this without any problem.

Somene know how to fix this?

Regards.

2. SpeedDream

SpeedDream MDL Addicted

Feb 20, 2012
    try on admin command prompt slmgr /upk to delete license and after restart slmgr /ipk:key then activate
    hope this helps

3. carlossilva91

carlossilva91 MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2012
    Hi,

I try but doesn't work :/

4. elhassan

elhassan MDL Member

Dec 9, 2011
    However, the update might fail for some users. Here's what you have to do if you are affected by this issue.

According to the official release notes, KB2871839 is required for every Windows 8 installation. This is not a problem if you have Windows Updates turned on and set it to install updates automatically.

5. carlossilva91

carlossilva91 MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2012
    I have a W8 pro key only but to install only have the core version. So i install the core first with a pirate key and after insert que core key and it activate and upgrade without problems. But this time i cant upgrade or even activate by phone says that is a disabled function.

When i create the partition to install W 8.1 in this specific pc the installer create some partitions that never create on other pcs.