Can't use removeWAT after windows upgrade

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by aviramof, Dec 19, 2009.

1. aviramof

aviramof MDL Junior Member

Sep 2, 2009
    #1 aviramof, Dec 19, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
    just wanted to let you know that when i upgraded today from seven to seven because of problems i had with some of microsoft crapy software e.i if i'm saying it right windows live essential and word viewer 2007.

any way during the upgrade process i had a black screen with test mode watermark along with this windows is not genuine but eventually it finished
    installing windows the water mark i'v removed with Remove all Watermark on desktop 0.8 i'v found in google.

let's go on i have downloaded 2.1 but it didn't worked it still recognize that WAT was removed but could not restore it eventually i'v used daz's loader 1.7.7 and that it and i'v managed to get rid of all microsoft crapy softwares and all the windows updates and when i redownloaded them expcept live essentials of course the list was much smaller so that good too but take all of it into account if your planning to upgrade from seven to seven or maybe vista to seven.:)

upgrading from seven to seven after the 30 day period can cause problems so perhaps a clean install is the best course.

2. Rudi1

Rudi1 MDL Member

May 30, 2007
    I really don't understant what do you mean with this post :confused:

3. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    DO Restore WAT, then Remove WAT

4. aviramof

Sep 2, 2009
    i tried to restore it doesn't work it said working and then it stop.

5. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    YOu just got to let it do it's thing. Takes about 2-5 minutes

6. aviramof

Sep 2, 2009
    #6 aviramof, Dec 19, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
    (OP)
    it doesn't do anything i'v waited i'v used it before i know how's it works it did nothing.

better description would be i press the restore WAT i get the white windows with press OK then working... then the task bar vanished for a second and come back and then nothing it still say restore WAT.

i guess that something in the seven to seven upgrade did it or maybe because i updated the installer of windows before upgrading.

7. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    Try 'sfc /scannow' and than remove wat again

8. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Go to system32 and rename slmgr.vbs.disabled to slmgr.vbs then the Remove WAT button will come up

9. aviramof

Sep 2, 2009
    there is no slmgr.vbs.disabled just slmgr.vbs and i don't think sfc /scannow can do something after a full upgrade of the system which must have already fixed all the neccesery files.

10. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Well it looks for a slmgr.vbs.disabled file to see if it is installed.

11. aviramof

Sep 2, 2009
    i don't understand what you mean.

12. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    Backup your files, format your HD and do a fresh install, I really don't understood what you mean with an upgrade from seven to seven:confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. aviramof

Sep 2, 2009
    very simple you open windows 7 disk in virtual drive you start the installion and you choose upgrade.

14. jupier2k

jupier2k MDL Member

Jan 20, 2009
    I think either theit upgrade from Home premium >> Ultimate or any of the flavor

or

upgrade from beta > to final releases ?

I thought removewat only works on final releases ?

15. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    These discussions remind me of the time a colleague spilled coffee over her workstation - she completely stuffed it also but at least it was an accident.

I don't understand how so many can stuff up a fairly simple process like install and use your selected patch:confused::confused::confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. aviramof

Sep 2, 2009
    #16 aviramof, Dec 19, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
    (OP)
    it's from 7 ultimate to 7 ultimate to fix problems but never mind i'v restored a two months old acronis backup it would take be a bit of work to restore all the changes that were made during those two months but i can handle it thanks for all your help.

and rosco my problem is not with the patch i have used it before the problem caused after the upgrade then he stopped working meaning i press a button he does nothing and that's all.