CCleaner's usage on Windows has become obsolete

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by WIKIMACK, Aug 5, 2016.

1. stasio

stasio MDL Expert

May 3, 2007
    Nonsense thread....:eek:

2. WIKIMACK

WIKIMACK MDL Expert

Nov 10, 2011
    [QUOTE = stasio ; 1265553] Fil de non-sens... :eek:[/ QUOTE]

YOU sont les meilleurs:D :D :D :D

utilisation Glary pro

wiki

3. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    I've never had anything bad happen to me with CCleaner. You just have to be careful.

Yup...Personally, I'd rather have a BMW.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    very amusing thread; this is how legends are born, it is a bit like the bleachbit warnings that abound in linux. i used both ccleaner in w7, and bleachbit in linux mint. i NEVER had problems with either of them. when you merely browse the news each morning, you get hundreds of files, cookies, tmp files, and what have you. to improve your browser experience. they all say, ccleaner is essential software to clean up the garbage, imho.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    flimsy arguments at best. they moan about the registry cleaner. they neglect to point what i said in my previous post. it gets rid of garbage with no trouble.

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #28 urie, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    More than willing to close thread to many different points of view, but that's what forums are for. But I will say like any software you run to try and clean up your system it also takes some thought there are no one click wonders, you need some basic knowledge of system.

7. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    A question parallel to the topic:

Is there any advantage in the installed version of CCleaner, or will the portable version do the job without installing one more program?

8. ofernandofilo

ofernandofilo MDL Member

Sep 26, 2015
    I use both, and don't see any difference in operation. The installed version is "easier" to upgrade and install UAC bypass. Aside from this, I prefer and recommend the portable version. Programs should not change system files. It is the best case. Sometimes installers erros can cause, for example, "catastrophic failure" - that's the name, I did not make it up! - in the Windows task scheduler.

BleachBit works great too, try it!

cheers

9. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2014
    I have seen many times reg cleaner to fix problems, which could not be fixed otherwise, not to mention Windows 10 itself.

One Windows update failed, because of an obsolete reg entry, as the result, Windows update stopped working, so MS released an update, which was basically a reg cleaner. People with reg cleaners did not have a problem updating, since that entry was removed automatically by their software. :innocent:

10. ofernandofilo

ofernandofilo MDL Member

Sep 26, 2015
    #32 ofernandofilo, Aug 17, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    It is a tool as a scalpel. In the doctor's hand, performs healings. In the crazy hand - better avoid this example!

The problem is that often the user believes that the provided steps are safe. What it is not always true.

Indeed, often the solution to a problem is in fact the simple file deletion or clean a registry entry. The point is that you better know before which thing to delete instead of fully relying on a tool. It is not the scalpel that guide the hand of the doctor, but the doctor's hand ... ok, ok, bad example.

cheers

11. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
  12. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2014
    I always delete everything, in years I have never had any problems. Only once, when CCleaner removed a file association. I avoid deep cleaning though.

13. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    #35 nodnar, Aug 17, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  14. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    General case with Registry Cleaners

In a best case scenario, a registry cleaner will remove a few hundred unnecessary entries and reduce the size of your registry by a few kilobytes. This makes no perceptible difference in performance. But the Web is full of stories from people who have run a registry cleaner and encountered problems.

Even if you understand a few things about the registry, the number of entries for deletion is too large to go thru to avoid mistakes.

Particular case with Windows 10

Microsoft has more or less improved the operating system up to a level where third-party optimization solutions are no longer needed.

Consequently from what I read, Microsoft itself is now recommending users to stay away not only from CCleaner but also from any other registry cleaner on their Windows 10 devices, claiming that they could impact system performance and reliability.

Surely MS knows what’s best for its system than Piriform & Co.

15. Dark Knight

Dark Knight MDL Senior Member

Jul 14, 2013
    #37 Dark Knight, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    Of coarse Microsoft would be more than happy if you used absolutely nothing but Microsoft products, isn't that what all those past law suites were about? Microsoft trying to monopolize the market?
    They can't do it directly anymore so now they'll try and do it indirectly, LMAO!

I've used CCleaner for years and I am still using it on the anniversary update, WITHOUT the registry cleaner mind you, and there is absolutely no performance impact whatsoever. I don't know where you may have heard or read that but it's a bunch of bogus BS.

16. naxal

naxal MDL Member

May 15, 2014
    Computer hardware power has gone up by a lot hence allowing us to over look the need of CCleaner !!

Even in my mid range PC, be it as HDD (OS Partition) or SSD (OS Drive), the size is big enough to ignore the junk.. And with 8 GB + RAM and Core i3/5 series processors, that sluggish feeling never comes..

SO though, if I run CCleaner, I see I can free up 1 odd GB, but I really dont care if that 1 GB junk stays.. It makes no difference to me..

17. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015

And?

What happened when you restarted?

Is not that what actually matters, and not that you are afraid of might have happened?

18. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    like i said; it booted normally, i feel registry cleaners do more harm than good.never use them, normally.