CCleaner's usage on Windows has become obsolete

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by WIKIMACK, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Loud fingers... :tooth:
    Type at all... :tooth:

2. Winaddict

Winaddict MDL Junior Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Well, you see the window tells the magic word "setup" and it's where you choose what do you want to install so if there is Avast, it should be there in that window.
    I'm lost here, what other case are you talking about?
    I'm really lost here.
    That sounds so so rude way of talking in a public forums because everyone has the chance and the right to say their own experiences and opinions you like it or not!
    Recommendation, why don't you post the shot of the window where there is the option to avoid Avast? I'm not saying it isn't there but you're telling people to shut up by telling this and that.
    And to be honest now I'm suspecting that you got a "personal" affair with this developer.......

3. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2014
  4. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    In the interests of strict accuracy, the fact that it does not show Avast does not mean it's not included. After all, a lot of freeware containing all sorts of piggy-back addons, including badware, does not always declare them. Please note that I am not saying that iCCleaner includes Avast, only that it could include it.

I beg to differ. The fact is that the user under discussion did get Avast without a chance to avoid it, at least not a chance he noticed. The rest is speculation, and if it were so easy to avoid the added software, they wouldn't make the pre-ticked square so small and only visible in the custom installation.

Actually, I’ve had a personal unfortunate experience with CCleaner some fair time ago. I omitted to remove the Chrome installation tick and got Chrome. For accuracy, I clarify that I was using XP at the time and Agnitum Outpost firewall.

Lastly, it’s easy to say it was avoidable after the event, we all do it after most mishaps, be it a car accident or just dropping something fragile, but the fact is mishaps still happen to everybody.

5. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    That describes ist quite realistically. But, of course it is not quite that innocent. All these companies, that do things like that have an interest in you NOT seeing that. The interest is called money. Some are placing the click (usually it is an "Unclick", which tells you all there is to know) in a place where you are likely to miss it, if you do not pay 100% attention. THe click box is tiny and the font is a lot smaller than the rest. So.... f... them

On the other hand, it is not the end of the world, or the computer freedom, I have yet to see anything that System Restore will not get rid off.

6. Winaddict

Apr 29, 2012
    It's in my case when someone tries to tamper with my asset and my work.
    Really you have a very very poor understanding of what Windows system restore can and what won't do and that alone tells me that your statement is just a personal "opinion".

7. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    I am just guessing, not counting: I must have used system restore about 40 or 50 times in the past 10 years and NEVER had any side effects.
    So my guess is that you are again talking about something you have "heard". Did not you also give us the warning that using ccleaner's registry cleaning function, was going to do harm? (If that was not you, I apologize)

And: "It's in my case when someone tries to tamper with my asset and my work."
    There is an easy way to avoid this: Do not use the internet.
    And, I am afraid, that is the only way....

8. Winaddict

Apr 29, 2012
    Talking about yourself?