Centralizing the cases of cr*cked Win7s that fail to boot

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Searinox, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Searinox

Searinox MDL Junior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    I've seen a number of users who have installed the crack and have had a black screen hang at boot time as a result. I myself was among them, when the chinese loader and orbit30's and hazar's all produced that same result.

Unlike a non-working crack, where it seems that the machine's BIOS is at fault and there's no way around it with 7Loader, these types of failure can occur on machines which would otherwise work with the hack.

I fixed my problem by doing a clean Win7 install, so the only thing I can blame it on is the partitioning(win7 didn't create a recovery partition when I had upgraded from vista). Another thing I noticed, was that the floppy drive spun one extra time than it normally does at boot, and the screen was flashing 'shades of black' as if when changing resolution.

Maybe if we post all our experiences and symptoms and partition configurations together, we can find a cause and help Hazar build a workaround in his patch.

2. GurliGebis

GurliGebis MDL Member

Mar 3, 2008
    One thing that I cannot figure out it - why do people use these hacks at all, when a modded bios, certificate and SLP key does the trick?

Why use something that messes with alot of things, when it's not needed?

3. luxury54

luxury54 MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2009
    Hi, I have a HP DC7100 and after installing activator it says windows activated permanently and i can see it added certificate and key.
    So crack is working well ,BUT on soft restart of the PC it won't boot up the WIN7 and a black screen appears and nothing happens.
    After this if I SHUT DOWN the PC and after that restart it from the button,it boots up and everything works fine, windows still shows "permanently activated".
    What could be this problem with hang on "soft restart"?
    Thanks!