Challenge: Who's is able to unlock the new "UI"?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Thomas1124, May 6, 2011.

1. chbaldo

chbaldo MDL Senior Member

Jan 29, 2011
    We actually care, we have our own anti-leak policy. Only screenshots can be leaked, files are secret and only will be available at the release date.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. kingof69ng

kingof69ng MDL Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Don't misunderstand fellas i'm not putting into question your care or dedication by any means.
    It'd just be nice to have everyone if possible up to date on the software. i can understand files not being leaked and all because of the buggy ness but if there's anything the community can do it'd be great to have more involvement in the development.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Thomas1124

Thomas1124 MDL Junior Member

Mar 31, 2011
    #43 Thomas1124, May 13, 2011
    Last edited: May 13, 2011
    (OP)
    Problem is, it's not a unlocked feature or sth, it's just a forced "glass", nothing special at all. You can do this on every build >= XP.

And about the shsxs.dll, I've already done what I am able to, I can't give you something what doesn't exist / possible.

4. NCS

NCS MDL Member

Jun 24, 2010
    unlocking win 8 features

I suggest using "bluepoison" it works the best...I also use the win 8 build 7955 original..a russian release....guess thats why he got fired...lol

5. meandmeme

meandmeme MDL Senior Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Hi! No BluePill leak until public beta :)

6. Thomas1124

Thomas1124 MDL Junior Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Is it really so hard to understand? Nobody can reproduce a shsxs.dll, since a DUI-Resource is missing, and slc.dll != shsxs.dll.

Stop spamming slc.dll crap in this thread please.

7. soulworksinc

soulworksinc MDL Novice

Apr 30, 2011
    not to start the debate again, but a recent article might shed some light on the shsxs.dll enigma

theregister .co. uk/2011/05/18/james_on_arm_and_windows/

I'm guessing shsxs.dll will be in the Intel builds/variety and that's why it's not there and borks the system when we try to create it ourselves.

Just a theory.

(sorry for the thread necromancy)

8. In©ž

In©ž MDL Member

Jan 9, 2011
    chuck norris do know better than this that this wont work, chuck norris said that >_>

9. Jvelo7892

Jvelo7892 MDL Junior Member

Jan 2, 2009
    Your quote is making it sound like microsoft is going to start targetting android as a big competitor. Looks like we might also see more of the 'cloud' too.

10. .NetRolller 3D

.NetRolller 3D MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2009
    Hmm... this got me thinking. "SHSxS" sounds like an abbreviation for "Shell side-by-side". Which suggests that it is used for the Windows 7 Mode feature - and what we are seeing right now on 7955 is the "new" shell.

11. soulworksinc

soulworksinc MDL Novice

Apr 30, 2011
    even Apple is looking to start using ARM chips, so I think they are just getting ready for a market that is going to expand. Microsoft working to stay on the Cloud trend makes sense too, but I can't speak to that.

What I was thinking was this:

If you have an ARM, you'll have one shell.
    If you have x64 you'll have a different one.
    If you have an Intel chip, you can have both.

It's for the Intel variety that I think the dll is being developed. They are the only ones that have been directly mentioned as being able to have "the best of both worlds."