Change language to enUS in Windows 8.1 ISO

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by PLANTROON, Nov 15, 2013.

1. PLANTROON

PLANTROON MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2012
    Hello
    I'm downloading Windows 8.1 using WindowsSetupBox tool from M$. Because of my Dreamspark key, it downloads enGB version. Is there any way to modify the installer to use enUS instead of enGB?

2. pun

pun MDL Senior Member

Oct 19, 2013
    This might sound like a stupid answer (if it is, please do say it)

You could run the installer in en-GB and download en-US as a language pack later. It's what I would do anyway.:dunno:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PLANTROON

PLANTROON MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2012
    #3 PLANTROON, Nov 16, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
    (OP)
    No it's not stupid, thank you. The problem is, that when I install any language pack on Windows 8.1, I run into problems with .NET framework. It causes Skype, Steam (since when does Steam use .NET? it crashes on startup/game update/download - it's weird but it started happening at the moment when Skype started crashing) to stop working.

Installing the .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows 8 or 8.1 web page on msdn (I can't post links) says: "Installing a Windows language pack before installing the .NET Framework 3.5 will cause the .NET Framework 3.5 installation to fail. Install the .NET Framework 3.5 before installing any Windows language packs."

4. pun

pun MDL Senior Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. PLANTROON

PLANTROON MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2012
    Ty for that repo link. I'm not downloading a VL version of Windows 8.1 so it should ask for the key during the installation, shouldn't it ?

6. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009