Changeing the way we recover pre-install systems for win7 sp1

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by TECHNOMAN, Jan 23, 2011.

1. TECHNOMAN

TECHNOMAN MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Hi all
    a question for the great people of MDL

my friend as a laptop that came pre-install with windows home premium
    now that windows 7 as a service pack this presents a minor problem
    let me explain
    when he restores his system fromthe recovery partition it retuirns the system back to when purchased just windows 7 home premuim no sp 1
    is their a way to add Sp1 to the recovery partition
    because when my friend restores he as to removed the software that he does not use that came pre-install also then install his own software progs run updates for progs then security then run windows updates then install Sp1
    Is their a way to include a image of windows 7 +Sp1 into the recovery partion
    as this would save some time
    i have a AIO of Windows 7 Sp1 x86&x64 That Includes The following versions
    Starter X86
    Home Basic x86
    Home Premuim X86
    Professional x96
    Enterprise x86
    Ultimate x86

Home Basic x64
    home Premuim x64
    Professional x64
    Enterprise x64
    ultimate x64
    Please Advise

2. thethingy

thethingy MDL Senior Member

Sep 7, 2010
    think you have to make a new DVD, the recovery stuff and repair functions of sp0 wont work with sp1, the OEM pre install kit might make it...............

3. TECHNOMAN

Jan 19, 2009
    think you have to make a new DVD, the recovery stuff and repair functions of sp0 wont work with sp1, the OEM pre install kit might make it...............

any guides for that out their to help

thanks

4. FukenGruven

FukenGruven MDL Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    if the recovery files were made using imagex (some HPs are like this, like the 2133 which came with either XP or vista), you can mount the wim, integrate sp1 into it like you would slipstreaming an install disc... then update the winpe if you need to
    I think it will work... obviously you want to backup the originals first before trying this out!

6. TECHNOMAN

Jan 19, 2009
    some good tips thanks
    i know my friend could do a restore then install sp1
    then make a System backup using acronis

but he would like me to add sp1 to is already createdv recovery partion the laptop is a packard bell _ Acer Really now they took them over
    just need some help how to acheive this
    as i also have a packard bell touch pc with a recovery partion so it would be helpful to intergreat SP1 into the current image on my recovery partion also
    This would same time as well i often only recovery to the backup i made with acronis
    but if i could add to current image that was made at the factory that would be great
    any more links to guides or tips would be most helpfull i`m willing to learn
    fantastic so far
    thank you all who responded