Changing from SATA IDE to ACHI

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by DeathStalker77, Mar 17, 2012.

Tags:
  1. DeathStalker77

DeathStalker77 MDL Addicted

Nov 8, 2009
    Still didn't work - removed the card and everything :( No more Option ROM error, but still get the BDF error :(

2. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    Just so I am clear @ what point did the problem you mention appear 1,2, or 3 from the above post

3. DeathStalker77

Nov 8, 2009
    The problem - BDF (BOOT DISK FAILURE) - appears REGARDLESS of the configuration - whether the add-in card (that was returning the Option ROM error) in installed or not.

If I configure ACHI in the BIOS, even though it is INSTALLED in Windows, I get the BDF error.

4. DeathStalker77

Nov 8, 2009
    #25 DeathStalker77, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
    (OP)
    I am *definitely* set for ACHI in WIndows - verified both with the MS FixIt program as well as Steve's program. But I still get the BDF error no matter what :(

I *know* others have gotten ACHI enabled on their IP35 Pro systems.

Even more frustrating, is the fact that, apparently, there are only 8 selections to choose from in the BIOS for Boot Priority, and SCSI is the last to be listed - it wants to list all the SATA first (1-6), then the eSATA (SCSI-0-1), then any USB storage. So if I have the 2 eSATA ports connected, then get assigned as SCSI-0 & SCSI1 and the IDE connection (which I have my boot drive on) gets pushed down to SCSI-2 and is no longer selectable. I'd like to be able to remove ALL the SATA drives from the selection, then there wouldn't be a problem. But I see no way to do this, so I seem to be stuck plugging and unplugging the 3rd eSATA and and USB storage drives whenever I need to re-boot :(

For supposedly being one of the best boards (in it's heyday), this sure SUCKS. :(

I feel like I'm hitting a wall with everything I do with it.

===========

Just for the heck of it, I'm going to try switching the slot for it - I have 2 PCI slots and it is in one. Can't hurt to try the other.

Also, if anyone knows of any good (not outrageously expensive) eSATA PCI, PCIe or PCIExpress cards with 4 eSATA ports, that would be greatly appreciated too :)

5. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  6. Edisson

Edisson MDL Novice

Apr 16, 2012
    hi all,

i get the error message on startup ( hard Disk Error 3F1)
    I searched alot and i think i need to change from AHCI to IDE mode.
    The problem is that i cant change it in bios, because i dont have the advanced bios options available.

please help me with my HP Pavilion DV6 3164eo,

here are my infos :

Manufacturer: Hewlethtt Packard,
    Model: 144A
    Bios version: F29
    Bios type: INTEL
    Im not able to post my BIOS Link. !!!
    :worthy::worthy::worthy: