Changing PCI's Vendor ID and Device ID

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Jurgis S., Nov 10, 2022.

1. Jurgis S.

Jurgis S. MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2022
    #1 Jurgis S., Nov 10, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
  2. marco_on_the_grassland

Dec 18, 2023
    I have been interested in that-like work and also just recently saw a post somewhere else
    where a guy claimed that he changed the vid & pid on his new WWAN card for his Lenovo laptop.
    However I am doubt much about his claim because he only had to simply remove the whitelist
    from the existing bios on his Lenovo (unlike HP computers) if wanting his new card to work
    on his Lenovo, and first of all, he did not present any evidence.

Also one more thing I think here is that is off-topic here because topics like that would be ones
    related to PCI devices, not to bios at all...

3. sml156

sml156 MDL Member

Sep 8, 2009
    I read this 1 year old post way different than you, What I think he wants is to do is rewrite the firmware of the PCi device not play around with computer bios settings. Way more difficult and requires the knowledge of how to communicate with chips or IC's firmware that is embedded within in it. nothing to do with BIOS

Your example of of WiFi card or USB would translate into making it do things that it was not supposed to do like increase power above what is legal or transmit/receive on unauthorized frequencies or even transmit on DFS (radar) frequencies with impunity

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...