Cheat to enable Standard Start Menu both with Metro

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by lysy.lbn, Sep 20, 2011.

1. alien2xx

alien2xx MDL Senior Member

Aug 5, 2009
    #21 alien2xx, Sep 24, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
    I think MS screwed this up, Metro is most ugly thing ever... it looks like fisher price theme, I really hope they fix it because its terrible!! - it reminds me Windows 95... what's with the simple lifeless squares with useless icons... maybe for something like a windows phone or a touch screen theme (like HP all-in one pc) could be ok but for a regular-pc user this is the most terrible thing I've seen so far... ouch!

2. Jaycee13

Jaycee13 MDL Senior Member

Apr 18, 2011
    :blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1:then what you are doing here??

3. alien2xx

alien2xx MDL Senior Member

Aug 5, 2009
    #23 alien2xx, Sep 24, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2011

Hi, Just giving an opinion - some like it some don't.. I don't (I think I am entitled to my own opinion same as you are for yours), - I love Windows 7 and think it is the best job from MS so far and I use it every day... and I don't doubt windows 8 will be great, but I don't like the way the new Metro is heading so far (again, my personal opinion)... this is just the preview build and there is a lot more to be done and I hope MS gets it even better, they have to top Windows 7 and is a tough task.. as I said the square options (to me) can be good for certain devices but I don't see it happening for a regular PC, unless of course if you have a touch screen as you main monitor which in this case it could be awesome.. just an opinion, not intended to get anyone upset about it, I really apologize if it did that effect on you.
    I come to this forum to learn, great stuff here... lots of opinions and different views.. and that's is what makes it great.

4. lysy.lbn

lysy.lbn MDL Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Little update in first post