Chew-WGA 0.6

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rohanmishra, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Georgio

Georgio MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    Modding bios is an elegant solution but not always possible, like in case of activating W7 on a Mac.

2. neomatrix

neomatrix MDL Junior Member

Jul 20, 2009

+2 for u.........

3. anemeros

anemeros MDL Developer

Aug 12, 2009
    If you want to have a truly genuine activated version of Windows 7 that will never cause you any problems, then buy it. Otherwise, for those who are interested in making things work just as well as the real thing without the high ticket cost, patches like these are a helpful alternative. No one ever claimed that this tool was genuinely activating Windows, but it has helped a lot of people with making their system appear legitimate. If it doesn't work for you, provide some constructive feedback instead of complaining, and the feedback will be helpful for improving the software for future releases.

By the way, anyone interested in undoing what has been done, you can try a system restore or sfc /scannow to put everything back to its original versions. For the registry however, you should just back it all up before running anything that modifies it, especially hack tools.

4. rohanmishra

rohanmishra MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Hi & Welcome anemeros! :)

Friends, anemeros is author of Chew-WGA. :)

5. tazman137

tazman137 MDL Junior Member

Jul 17, 2009

Thanks for your great work! I just dont want to have to reinstall it after 3 re-arms. You can call it what you'd like, it worked for me ;)

6. anemeros

anemeros MDL Developer

Aug 12, 2009
    Thanks for your support, tazman137.

7. Wh1tey

Wh1tey MDL Novice

Jul 13, 2009
    Holly crap this actually worked on my laptop :) I've tried every other loader/crack from orbitz and haz with no luck and this one worked thank you so much.

8. jackpet

jackpet MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2009
    I don't know what the big fuss is all about. This is exactly the type of fix used to crack many commercial programs out there. No one complains about them.

9. Signmeup

Signmeup MDL Novice

Jul 25, 2009
    I agree 100%. Great work, anemeros!

10. jackpet

jackpet MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2009
    Well said! In my case, none of the loaders worked on my Lenovo 3000 C100 laptop. Chew-wga was the only one that worked. And I was very grateful to have this fix end 2 weeks of frustration. (The loaders did work on my other 2 desktop computers.)

11. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Hi, I noticed it swaps a tokens.dat. Why is this? Is it swapped with an RC version?

12. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    There is your answer.:D

13. Piracy

Piracy MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2009
    This is amazing, nice to see a fellow Indian. With this method is there a way M$ can figure this out? Also, when the other OEM keys are leaked or when in October it releases, will you update this method to use the keys or will it always be tricking the OS and M$?

Thanks alot for your effort.

14. Piracy

Piracy MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2009

Well said, Genius idea.

15. anemeros

anemeros MDL Developer

Aug 12, 2009
    Hi everyone. I'm looking for some beta testers who are willing to test my 0.7 release on a fresh install of Windows 7 Business or Ultimate, and provide valuable feedback to help improve the tool. If interested, PM me.

16. anemeros

anemeros MDL Developer

Aug 12, 2009
    #76 anemeros, Aug 14, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
    Yes, it would not be difficult to dissect my tool, especially 0.6 and earlier versions, but if M$ were to create hotfixes to circumvent what it does, it would diminish the administrative strength of the operating system itself... which i suspect is something they wouldn't want to do. The best a hotfix can do is restore modified files and registry settings, which wouldn't prevent a user from running Chew-WGA again to re-patch what the "fix" restored.

To answer your second question, I don't ever intend to use OEM keys for Chew-WGA, as this defeats the purpose of what it does and why.

17. yumms

yumms MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2009
    Ok this didn't work for me...not sure why.

I'm on x64 RTM (OEM) Ultimate...on a fresh install with no updates installed I get this:

Success Rate: 93.3% / Failure Rate: 6.7%

* desktop watermark display [OKAY]
    * system properties info [OKAY]
    * winver expiration reminder [OKAY]
    * sls notify activation ui [OKAY]
    * software licensing ui api [OKAY]
    * wga tray notifications [OKAY]
    * wga logon notifications [FAIL]
    * windows licensing tool [OKAY]
    * tokens certificate table [PASS]
    * wga installation check [OKAY]
    * activation schedule [OKAY]
    * activation interval [OKAY]
    * activation notice [OKAY]
    * SP plugin modules [OKAY]
    * feedback tool [OKAY]

Turned off UAC, ran as admin...rebooted and I still have 30 days for activation :/

18. Piracy

Piracy MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2009
    I had the same exact results on a 32 bit computer. However mine works. Does the one failure mean anything?

19. rohanmishra

rohanmishra MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    @yumms Try increasing your Date to more than 30 days. If it gives you those GENIUNE messages then the patch has not worked. Else it is working just fine.

20. coolguy1

coolguy1 MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2009
    Does this work for DELL XPS 720 Desktop? It has nvidia chipset.