Chew-WGA 0.6

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rohanmishra, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yumms

yumms MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2009
    It gave me a message "You must activate Windows today. Activate Windows now".

Wonder why its not working.

2. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    Did you try previous lo*ders on your system?

3. yumms

yumms MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2009
    Nope..ran Chew-WGA right after a fresh install.

4. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    o_O maybe you have a ghost in your OS. Wait for rohan or anemeros to help you out on the program. I've never used it so i would not be of much help as far as the program goes.

5. rambo20

rambo20 MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2009
    It work for me, Thnaks you very much

Will it get updates from microsoft and remain activated for ever :D

6. Dreyfus

Dreyfus MDL Junior Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Should I try this? Will it keep "activated" W7 forever?

Or should I wait to its release so more activation methos are released?

(Dell Dimension 9200 here.)

7. rohanmishra

rohanmishra MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    @ rambo20 Yes you will get updates. And as anemeros said, if MS do fix this, you can always re-patch the whole thing again.

8. rohanmishra

Jul 30, 2009
    @ Dreyfus Give it a go! :)
    In some system it is working perfectly and for some systems, some bugs have been reported. anemeros is working to fix all the issues in the next 0.7 release. :)

9. ZakMcRofl

ZakMcRofl MDL Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Which is exactly why (no offense) this is not the best approach to cracking WGA. Remember all the WGA patches that were required for XP corporate? Its a game of cat and mouse. Clearly, OEM activation is the way to go because it is unlikely MS will ever impose strong checks on that.

10. bertmace

bertmace MDL Member

Jul 14, 2009
    #90 bertmace, Aug 14, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
    buy a copy and you won't need a loader again mod your bios! need alittle cheese with that wine!!!

11. ayal

ayal MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2009
    Thank You:)

12. tazman137

tazman137 MDL Junior Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Thats fine... if it works. 3 pcs worked fine with 7loader. But one would not activate, this worked for it. I'm not about to start flashing the bios on a 7 year old laptop - and in that case this works just fine ;)

13. Jumbie

Jumbie MDL Novice

Feb 10, 2008
    Had the same error on a Dell Studio 1537 laptop. However it still works for me and I'm activated and can update through Windows Update.

Clean install and no other loaders tried. BIOS is SLIC 2.0 as I'm waiting for a verified working 2.1 to be released for this model.

Thanks to OP and coder/releaser!

14. gus8511q

gus8511q MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2009
    i tried this crack and every 5mins im getting a message sying that i dont have a genuine windows version.
    Also i system panel at windows activation i have
    Activation status Not available
    Product id Not available

What to do? Its ok my system? thanks

15. rohanmishra

Jul 30, 2009
    @gus8511q This is happening with some systems.
    Just wait for v0.7, it will be out very soon. :)

16. gus8511q

gus8511q MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2009
    ok thanks
    i will wait
    do you know if its possible to install and run the 0.7 version without format my pc
    ?

17. rohanmishra

Jul 30, 2009
    @gus8511q I believe it will be possible without formatting. :)

18. P40L0

P40L0 MDL Senior Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Is this method using Lenovo key? Will it be blacklisted too? Are Windows Updates possible? Will it work on my Macbook Pro with Win7 installed via Bootcamp? Has it uninstall option?

Thanks ;)

19. rohanmishra

Jul 30, 2009
    @ P40L0
    1) No it does not uses any key.
    2) Yes windows updates will be possible.
    3) I don't know the status of the uninstall option in v0.7. But v0.6 do not have any uninstall option.
    4) I read somewhere in this post only, that some member actually made it work on Macbook also. :)

20. anemeros

anemeros MDL Developer

Aug 12, 2009
    #100 anemeros, Aug 16, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
    Hello everyone. I have a bad habit of underestimating how long it will take to finish my scripts, so I apologize to everyone who is anxious to get a copy of version 0.7. I can assure you that it is completely overhauled. I basically rewrote the entire thing from scratch, making it far more efficient in its functions, and more importantly, it is now beautifully consistent! I've kept all the necessary components and removed the superfluous code and patches. There will also be a simple backup program included that can be run before CHEW, so that your original settings can be restored in the unfortunate event that your system doesn't respond as expected to the changes made.

As a side note, for those of you who may have an interest in "borrowing" any portion, method, or concept from my software without permission, please keep in mind that I will point out to the world every similarity in the code that you have "based" your ideas on, and your name will be shamed among underground software communities everywhere.

==
    I want to give a huge props to RohanMishra for all his support and ideas, and for keeping me focused. He has diligently kept up with forum Q&A regarding Chew, and has proved his devotion to the tool, and its future for testing the resistance of Microsoft software protections. Also, many of the implementations for version 0.7 would not have been possible without his ideas. Thank you, Rohan. You're the man!