Chew-WGA 0.7, the all-in-one Windows 7 patch

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rohanmishra, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Danimator

Danimator MDL Junior Member

Jul 18, 2009
    Any time frame on 0.8?

2. anemeros

anemeros MDL Developer

Aug 12, 2009
    It's done as of 30 minutes ago. I just need to have Rohan check it on his systems.

3. mauleous

mauleous MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2009
    you can get the password from the instruction.pdf file

4. DarkPrime

DarkPrime MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2009
    found it

thanks

program worked amazing, permanently activated

5. Danimator

Jul 18, 2009
    Awesome, can't wait ;) Will it have an uninstaller as well?

6. [Pain]

[Pain] MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2009
    Version 0.7 works flawlessly for me. Hazar's loader never worked, others gave me blue screen. Thnx anemeros :)

7. anemeros

anemeros MDL Developer

Aug 12, 2009
    Okay, an update...

Rohan tested Chew-WGA 0.8, and it failed on his Windows 7 Starter (on a Pentium III, lol). I figure, if I can get it to run smoothly on a P3 with Win7 Starter, then it should work on anything, right? :D

Anyway, I've been tracking down some bugs and repairing code all night (it's now nearly 5:30AM), so I'm going to sleep on it, dream of it, and finish it in the morning... and by "morning", of course I mean 1 or 2pm when I wake up. LOL

Regarding the uninstaller I promised (UnChew), I now have all the components I need to finish it, but the priority right now is 0.8. The uninstaller will most likely be a separate utility, unless I figure out a clean way of incorporating it into Chew-WGA itself.

8. runoades

runoades MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    @anemeros. Chew 0.6 and Chew 0.7 didnt work for my system :( so I am waiting Chew-WGA 0.8.

I think you are member of demonoid.com. I saw you there. :D

9. anemeros

anemeros MDL Developer

Aug 12, 2009
    Yep, I am a member of demonoid. :cool:

Sorry 0.7 didn't work for you. Lots of bugs have been sorted out for 0.8. I have it working now on Starter x86 and Ultimate x64. Details coming very soon!

10. moraless

moraless MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2009
    So, when is the 0.8 version coming out?

11. rohanmishra

rohanmishra MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Very soon.
    It's almost done! :)

12. Alex32

Alex32 MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2008
    So hoping that with the new version of chew-wga, aka 0.8 the genuine image altogether will be present,(that will be cool).. And also that it will automatically unlock the files that will patched... Just to let u know 0.7 works fine on clean install..+ pluspatch to be always genuine with mgadiag.exe even till yr 2099...it fool window that it is always on trial..

13. Danimator

Jul 18, 2009
    Any word on 0.8 release yet?

14. alex_voyager

alex_voyager MDL Junior Member

Oct 30, 2007
    just an idea...i'm curious to learn where is it the phone algo (like in office 2007) to try to modify it.

15. Cipher

Cipher MDL Member

May 31, 2008
    Q. Does Chew-WGA actually replace or patch windows files?

And if that is the case wouldn't that protentially cause a future issue with windows updates replacing these files with never versions.
    (not nessasary with the intention to null Chew, just in the normal run of things).

16. Brandrune

Brandrune MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    Indeed, when updates come out, there may be a big problem with this. This is a good patch but I reckon people should head over to loaders nearer October 22nd. But stay here for now. You're safe with Chew.

17. anemeros

anemeros MDL Developer

Aug 12, 2009
    I'm not sure of any good way, short of hacking the systemcpl.dll file directly, to achieve this.

It already does attempt this, but there was a problem with the code which caused it to be inconsistent. This has been resolved.

Thanks for the good report.

18. anemeros

anemeros MDL Developer

Aug 12, 2009
    I thought I was nearly done with it about a week ago, but then realized when I learned more about Windows 7 system file protections, that I had my work cut out for me. For some users, particularly on Multi-User Windows API Client, My System CPL Resources, and Windows Shell Common DLL, it would fail consistently.

Anyway, I'm working on it every day for at least 45 minutes, so hopefully there will be something to show for it this week, if all goes well.

19. anemeros

anemeros MDL Developer

Aug 12, 2009
    Actually, Windows Updates should still work forever as far as I can tell.

20. jackpet

jackpet MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2009
    Yes, I can see this. Updates only work on specific files, not EVERY Windows file. So the only way an update could kill Chew, is if it specifically targeted the files Chew changes... and I'm sure we'd get warning about this specific update soon enough...

(I WOULD be concerned about a service pack however, as these DO tend to change most files.)