Children has removed files, it is necessary to protect my files:))

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Arabel, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Arabel

Arabel MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2011
    My children have removed to me from the computer my important files after that I have started to search for programs which hide files, it would be necessary to me that conveniently and simply, has found lockmydrive, is easy and simple with it to work, it is not necessary to strain. Someone пробывал it? Can will advise still something?

2. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    What do you want exactly?
    If you just want to hide the drive: there are programs for it but I don't know names, have a google. Or you could use a batch file that assigns and removes the drive letter.
    If you want to encrypt then I suggest you to have a look at truecrypt.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Arabel

Arabel MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2011
    I already tried TrueCrypt, have not understood, hard, it would be not necessary to me that ciphered, is simple that one pressing of the button has hidden files. lock my drive while arranges, without any installations, has pressed and has hiddenI already tried TrueCrypt, have not understood, hard, it would be not necessary to me that ciphered, is simple that one pressing of the button has hidden files. lock my drive while arranges, without any installations, has pressed and has hidden. If you used TrueCrypt, try lock my drive, easier, but I can only I can not understand:)

4. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    I think he/she doesn't want to hide files. They must be made "unerasable" by the kids I think.
    So the easiest solution is a simple program that set's the permission of a folder to read only and back to read/write when a button is pressed.
    First he must make sure that the kids never get logged on with the admin account and they don't know the password. Then he sets the permission of the folder to the admin.
    To change the read/write permissions the program needs admin rights, but because the admin account isn't logged on at that moment UAC asks for the admin password.
    He knows that but the kids don't, so only he is able to change the permissions.

I think that's the only solution.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Paulsen

Paulsen MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2011
    I think he wants to prevent files from being deleted by his/her children, and he/she found a program called lockmydrive (Google it), so he/she is asking for advice or a how to use that program or use other alternatives.

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Since original post by Arabel, he/she has not replied some more information wouldn't go wrong i,e, what OS system windows Xp, Vista or 7 as Stannieman mentioned you can set permissions of a folder or files and programs even easier on windows 7. Or just set them up as new users with limited access.