Chosing DDR3 for X56xx Xeon

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by x86, Dec 20, 2017.

1. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    As far as customer service, especially regarding motherboards, I don't really mind, as I think there isn't such thing. If something turns faulty (and lucky enough to be in warranty), then have it replaced. Nothing more, nothing less. Every time I have contacted support about technical queries, I never got a proper response. They are totally useless. They always have a standard 'template' email response, saying "apologies you have this problem...let me help you...you can refer to the manual for configuring blah blah...". Same goes on major retailers (e.g. Amazon, NewEgg). Under almost every negative review by a customer, here comes an Asus rep or a SuperMicro rep, or an AsRock rep, saying how sad they are and that you should contact them or open a ticket. I have given up long ago in expecting proper answer to my queries. So, I d buy something with as many positive feedback from actual customers, backed with as much years of warranty as possible and have fingers crossed that it ll live up to its expectations!

Regarding the UPS, yeah, something also under consideration, but that too imposes a high total cost. A base model would cost at least 150EUR, plus the replacement battery for it every 2-3 years (which ain't gonna be cheap...)

Always appreciated. Just mentioned why I didn't chose an Inter motherboard. Unavailability + price.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...