Chrome and Firefox mess

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Pipe Smoker, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Pipe Smoker

Pipe Smoker MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2013
    #1 Pipe Smoker, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    The problem is in a popups. I use Firefox and Chrome, at both I have installed AdBlock Plus (for Firefox) and AdBlock (Chrome). It seems to me that does not help. Popup are bouncing like crazy no matter which page I opened. Well, and now I see them here as I write this text. In Addons I have only Ad Block and E-bay Sidebar (in both browsers), but I think the problem lies elsewhere. In both browsers under "Settings" I put a check mark on option "Block popup windows", but, obviously, still don't work.

Can you help me, what to do and how to remove popups?

2. fkar

fkar MDL Recognized Advisor

Nov 3, 2012
    Check installed programs, if you find something fishy there uninstall them.

Check %appdata% folder.

Check %programdata% folder.

Try to find the program name; if you succeed in this, you may be able to get the folder path of adware from task manager and uninstall from the folder.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ARoman

ARoman MDL Novice

Dec 3, 2013
    Install Adguard is my advise. Maybe not all pops will be filtered but at least more than now.

4. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    What pop-up windows these are, what is there visible, some kind advertises or what?
    None of Adblock, Adguard etc will not block them. You need to find the reason, why they are there and what is wrong.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Antilope

Antilope MDL Member

Sep 15, 2015
    It may be that malware is causing the pop-ups. Try a scan with free Malwarebytes. As for a really good ad blocker, try Ublock Origin.

6. ZarkBit

ZarkBit MDL Junior Member

Jun 18, 2015
    yep, smells like infection

Malwarebytes Antimalware
    Adware Cleaner
    Spybot Search & Destroy