Clean install Windows 8.1 Single language with Bing

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Matchless, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Jack900

Jack900 MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2014
    good discussion.....

2. Matchless

Matchless MDL Novice

Nov 10, 2009
    #22 Matchless, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
    (OP)
    Just some feedback and thanks to all the advice from everyone!

After purchasing a Lenovo G3040 laptop with Windows 8.1 Single Language with Bing (CoreConnected single language) I found that it was full of pre-installed bloatware, that I did not need or want and some of them were updating etc. I wanted to keep it absolutely legal as bought, but without the bloatware, but needed a proper ISO, as per the previous posts.

I finally got around to doing the clean install and it was as easy as pie.

In case some one else wants to know what I did:
    1) Used the new Windows 8.1 Single Lanaguage with Bing ISO created earlier in this thread.
    2) Test installed on a Desktop PC and it asked for the product Key when starting the installation.
    3) Checked the laptop partitions with Partition Assistant
    4) The Lenovo laptop had 4 partitions, one was the Windows8_OS and another was "Lenovo" then their were the recovery partition and the Windows 8.1 hidden partition.
    5) The "Lenevo" partition has two folders, one for all the drivers, both 32 bit and 64 bit, as well as an Applications folder. This is excellent and must be kept as well as the recovery partition for warranty purposes.
    6) I also backed up the complete HDD with EaseUs.
    7) I read the Bios embedded OEM Windows 8.1 product key with a Windows keyfinder and also checked it with Aida64.
    8) I used Partition Assistant and only formatted the Windows8_OS partition, which was the old C drive.
    9) Used Rufus and the Windows 8.1 ISO and made a bootable USB flash drive using GPT for EUFI and 32 bit FAT to create it
    10) Booted the laptop from the USB flash drive by pushing the "Novo" button when the laptop is off and then selecting the USB stick on the bootup menu.
    11 Everything happened as it should and it did not ask me for the product key when install started, it must have picked it up from the bios automatically.
    12) When the installation was completed I connected to the internet and the laptop activated automatically after a few minutes!

Hope this helps someone else along the way!

3. sezz

sezz MDL Novice

Apr 20, 2009
    #23 sezz, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
    I cannot get this to work (the script works, but after installing windows the Metro apps are partly english, weather seems to be russian and some apps are german).
    Did anyone successfully create a fully working german W81 Bing iso and could share some details? :)

Edit: Found another notebook with preinstalled Bing crap, I'll try to copy the apps from this one.
    Edit2: The weather app also doesn't have the correct title when using the english ISO posted somewhere here, sure it's legit? Sysprepped+Captured a german version from the notebook that came preinstalled with it, works for me.

4. suminewhere

suminewhere MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2017
    I know this is an old thread but i am desperate for this. I cant seem to find the spanish win 8.1 SL with bing anywhere and the old torrents files seems to be dead and i dont even know if the other files are dead too. Can you point me to a working link please?

5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @suminewhere

You're still eligible to get a permanent digital license of 10 - why don't you opt for that?

6. suminewhere

suminewhere MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2017
    I'm sorry but i dont get what you mean?

7. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Let me elaborate more: I presume you're looking for 8.1 SL in Bing for reinstalling on a PC?

8. suminewhere

suminewhere MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2017
    yup thats right. i have currently windows 10 and i want windows 8.1 sl with bing which my laptop originally came with, which isn't available in torrents i would be really thankful if someone could give me a link or share it on some file sharing website if they have it.

9. suminewhere

suminewhere MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2017
    @abbodi1406
    wow thank you a million times, just now i saw this. cheers:D:D:clap::clap: