Cleaning up win 10 advice?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Carol666, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Carol666

Carol666 MDL Member

Aug 12, 2015
    Hi can someone advice of how to remove links to not existing apps? I have removed most of Microsoft junk. But some crap shortcuts remainded for example I have movie file and when I right click on open with it will show me windows media player some other player I installed and Microsofts none existing movie player shortcut, how o I remove it?

The same about start menu I have removed apps but icons remain in start menu, how do I clean start menu?

Another thing, is it possible to make start menu all apps look like similar to Windows 7? Atm it shows letter and they're big you have to scroll a lot to find the app you're looking for is it possible to make icons in start menu smaller by for example tweaking registry?

And another thing.

Do you know what's runtime broker service? Do I really need it? I tried to disable it but it starts by itself I could remove it from under second os just need to know what's that

Do you know what's tile data model server? Is it server responsible for tiles in the start menu? Any chance of safely removing it?

That's all for now :) hope someone can help a bit thanks

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Do Yamicsoft Manager for Windows 10 / Context Menu Manager cannot help you?
    Or maybe also Service Manager, also from Windows Manager 10.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    And if you take a little bit time and read here in the Windows 10 forum of MDL, you'll find a lot of intro's and way's How To .....!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...